Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Tell Me Why Tuesdays

Why can't we bottle the feeling that we feel AFTER we exercise and take just a little taste of it when the alarm goes off??  I am fairly certain that the little swig would make it much easier to get out of bed.

My Put Your Money Where Your Mouth Is challenge is going great.  Just the attitude of being thankful for being able to move my body (as old and creaky as it is becoming) really helps me throw those legs off the side of the bed and sit up.  I am looking at food a little different as well.  Being thankful that I have enough food to nourish my body and give me fuel, being blessed enough to be able to choose fresh fruits and veggies, and enjoying a few bites when I am lucky enough to be faced with a sweet treat.  I am actually looking forward to donating some money as a reward for my success.  It really feels good.

OK Tell Me Why Tuesday's coming up!! (I really need to learn how to make blog buttons)

1.  Why does my new challenge constantly remind me of a line in Dirty Dancing?  The Dad: Robbie, Baby wants to send her leftover pot roast to Southeast Asia so anything she doesn't finish wrap up.  Max, our Baby is going to change the world.  #thefinecinamaticmoviesoftheeighty'salwaysstickwithyou

2.  Why does Superhero day at camp make me want to go back to bed? #mamadoesn'tlookgoodintights

3.  Why does choosing to learn how to make a necklace appeal to me more than buying one? #thewordeasyisnotinmyvocabulary

4.  Why is running 5 miles way easier than swimming 2 laps?  #didimentionihavealeadbutt

5.  Why am I relatively calm about my upcoming nuptials? #moreexcitedaboutthemarriagethanthewedding

6.  Why do I constantly volunteer to coordinate (translate do) the two hardest jobs at camp, the entire camp treasure hunt AND Camp's Got Talent? #thewordeasyisnotinmyvocabulary

7.  Why does the shinning sun this morning make me oh so very happy? #junegloomisover

8.  Why do giggling girls in bunk beds when they should be sleeping make me smile? #momentsofhappinesstolastalifetime

9.  Why am I NOT looking forward to Friday, I mean it is FRIDAY for Pete's sake? #notdisneylandagain #oursarahisgoinghome, #onehundredandtwotemps

10.  Why is the fact that The Bug joining my challenge make me oh so very happy? #partneringinachallengesmeanssuccess OR #someoneactuallyreadsmyblog

More Later

- A Ro

4 comments:

  1. No way is swimming two laps harder than running 5 miles! : )

    When is your big day?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Joyce on the running thing. I remember when I used to run, looking down at the time on the treadmill thinking, 'Its' only been 30 seconds?!' Ha! And I'm with you on bottling up the after feelings of exercise. Let's find a way to make that happen, k? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the shout out! So far so good with Day 1. I will probably NEVER be a morning exerciser (I'm heading to my gazelle here in a minute), but I'll try to do something every day.

    I was calm about my wedding too (until my mom started asking too many questions - I kept telling her, "I don't know - you decide"). I was VERY excited about the being married part.

    ReplyDelete