Wednesday, March 2, 2011
The Hodgepodge Hears a Who
Here is my go at it:
1. March 2nd is Dr. Seuss's birthday so I'm wondering...do you like green eggs and ham? Okay-how about this instead...how do you like your eggs? Or don't you?
I like my eggs poached, and scrambled. I'll take 'um green if you want to go to all the trouble.
2. Is March coming in like a lion or something less ferocious where you live?
It is really cold here...and when I say cold I am talking about upper 30's in the morning and upper 50's in the afternoon. Didn't want you to worry that we were in some sort of arctic freeze here in California. So really it is all relative.
3. Do you work better or worse under pressure?
I work better under pressure. For me work will always take up the amount of time that I have. If I have 5 minutes to get something done it will take 5 minutes and if I have a week it will take a week. In other words, I don't always get things done with time to spare, but I always get things done. But this question reminds me of my students singing Under Pressure...so I included it. Please ignore the bouncing 40 year old...
Untitled from Amy Rolniak on Vimeo.
4. March Madness-are you a fan? It's college basketball in case you're wondering. And if you're outside the USA tell us-is there any sort of 'madness' taking place during March in your part of the world?
March Madness FAN!! First of all I really do enjoy college basketball, when I have the time to watch. My family takes March Madness very seriously. Andrew, his dad, my sister, Rich, and my brother-in-law do research and fill out their brackets. I pick my favorite schools and teams and fill out my bracket. Bella figures out which mascot she likes better and fills out her bracket. Sometimes all that research does NO good...just sayin'. If March Madness brings out anything it is the upset.
5. Under what circumstances do you do your best thinking?
When I need to think clearly I must be silent. I am pretty good at tuning out all things. Some people talk things out, but I just need to be quiet and concentrate. Those of you who know me are now thinking that I must never need to think clearly because most of them have never seen me silent. :)
6. What item of clothing from your wardrobe do you wear most often?
I have this black and white sweater that I wear often...in fact I am wearing it now, and in this picture. It makes me very happy...not too hot as the holes are quite big, but it is very heavy and it has pockets. I love this sweater.
7. Do you use sarcasm?
I teach middle and high school...sarcasm is the language I speak.
8. In Summary:
I do like green eggs and ham (scrambled or poached please) I do like them A-Ro I am. I do like them in my sweater, I do like them in cold weather. I do like them with time a ticking, I do like them when bracket picking. I do like them when silently thinking, I do like them when my sarcasm is sinking. I do like green eggs and ham I do like them A-Ro I am.
- A Ro