Wednesday, March 30, 2011
1. April rolls in at the end of this week and in celebration of that infamous date (April 1st) answer this question-What is something foolish you've done?
First of all I must say that I absolutely abhor anything that has to do with pranks on April 1st. I hate being pranked. I hate watching other people be pranked. My family and friends know that I am ABSOLUTELY off limits, with threats of groundings and silent treatment, from any sort of April 1st tom foolery.
Back to the question. Me do something foolish...psh...Ok I am usualy a very sage person, but don't get me wrong I have been known to drive a little faster than the speed limit, or eat more Peanut Butter Cups than I should. But something outright foolish that would make a good story to this answer...not so much.
2. With April comes Easter and that classic edible treat known as Peeps...so tell me...what's your favorite way to fix/eat chicken? I love plain old grilled chicken on our charcoal BBQ with a little olive oil and seasonings. I like this for two reasons 1) I don't have to cook it as Rich is our resident griller and 2) BOTH of my kids love chicken cooked this way. I'm telling you win-win.
3. What's the best museum you've ever visited? Or your favorite? Or the one you'd most like to visit?
I REALLY want to visit the Smithsonian. It is most definately on my bucket list. I got to visit The Hermitage museum in St. Petersberg (Leningrad at the time) Russia. Oh.My.Word. What an amazing place. I know that there are somethings that you really can't appreciate until you get older, but I think that museums aren't one of those things. I went when I was in college and I think my youth really caused me to pause and really enjoy that museum. Now I think I would be so rushed to get on to the next thing. Just a theory.
4. You know what they say about April showers...what's your preference-a shower or a bath?
I prefer a shower. I love a good bubble bath, but I really never have time for one. I have this really nice huge bathtub in my bathroom and my son Andrew has used it more times than I have. Maybe someday.
5. "Absence makes the heart grow fonder"...fact or fiction? Why?
Nah...absence just sucks. Maybe you might take that person for granted less and appreciate them more when you are away, but if it actually makes your heart grow fonder you might want to find a different partner.
6. What's your favorite product made/grown in your home state/province?
I would have to say avocados. I love avocados in just about everything and don't even get me started on guacamole. My knees grow weak at the just the mention. But just for the record I don't consider California my "home" state. I will always be an Iowan...and that means fried twinkies and pulled pork sandwiches...I kid...sort of.
7. What is going on in the world today that affects you the most?
What freaks me out the most living on the San Andreas Fault is this whole earthquake business in Japan. I have never really felt an earthquake before and really can't imagine what they must have gone through. It just caused me to think a whole lot more about where I live and the potential for that happening here. Now I know that we aren't able to have as big of an earthquake due to the size of our fault, but we could get close. Yikes.
8. In Summary: It seems like I am a very easy person to please. Give me avocados, Peanut Butter Cups, chicken on the grill and maybe a pulled pork sandwich every now and then. Take me to the Smithsonian preferrably when "the big one" decides to hit California. Don't prank me and never leave me. Simple huh.
- A Ro