Monday, May 25, 2009

My Boo

Now I realize that he is way to old to be called Boo, my childhood nickname for him, but he is my boo, and he always will be.


...c'mon moms you know EXACTLY what I mean.


Unfortunately I keep forgetting that he HATES it and I keep calling him that in public...and I realize it after the word slips from my lips and I just hate that look he gives me. I really do feel bad, I really don't mean to do it...it just happens.


Andrew (Boo) is a great kid, he is a mature, kind, smart, musically talented, athletically inclined, and makes me smile and laugh when I need it the most. He also is sometimes very lazy as in, "You know your son would be getting straight A's if he would just exert more effort." He cannot stand the thought of him being "wronged" and doesn't let things just roll off of him. He hates to practice, but is such an amazing cellist.


But he is one of my favorite people in the whole wide world, and it breaks my heart to see him sad, or hurt, and I fight the urges daily to swoop in and save him from every ache and pain.
He will be a freshman next year...where did the time go?


Jazz Band concert...is that him back there...my fuzzy headed boy?

Oh yes...now I see his eyes.

Now I know he is growing because he can now look me in the eyes. Wow didn't think that would ever happen...

His first love, baseball. He got picked for the all-star team this past weekend...

I just love my boo...

More later

-A Ro

No comments:

Post a Comment