Saturday, May 30, 2009

My Running Shoes

In my life I have been very blessed. God has sent me so many blessings. I can tell you exact dates of the important ones. For instance on July 28th, 1969 God sent me my parents, August 10, 1995 God sent me my boo, August 3, 2000 God sent me Isabella, in October 2007 God sent me GS (again, and this time for good) and in January 2009 God sent me these:

My running shoes

Now there are days when I curse these Godsends, when they call me at 4:00 am, out of a deep sleep, to come play.

But God knew I needed them. He knew that I was praying for something to enter my life to help me move forward, He knows the worries of my heart and He knew that these shoes were what I needed.

These shoes are symbols. Symbols of accomplishment.

These shoes have shown me moments of beauty, like seeing the early morning fog come over the mountains, seeing a beautiful sunrise, or the flowers that you don't notice driving in your car.

These shoes have allowed me to achieve. Achieve a healthier body. Achieve one of the biggest accomplishments of my life...running a 10K. Achieve a sense of self worth, and a renewed self esteem.

These shoes have given me many moments of clarity, moments when answers come to me, ideas form, and God shows me that I am on the right path, doing the best that I can.

These shoes have shown me that obstacles, like a strong head wind and a 6.2 mile run, can be overcome by taking a deep breath and putting one foot in front of the other.

These shoes whisper to me...don't give up don't ever give up.

More Later

-A Ro

1 comment:

  1. Wow!! You have wonderful running shoes!! Thanks for the sharing!! I too have nice pair!!

    ReplyDelete