Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Somethings Have to Change

I apologize for leaving you hanging...my last post was filled with such promise of a much needed "good" weekend and I am sure you were wondering "Will she get her much needed "good" weekend? Will the weekend succumb to the power of the dark side and disappoint?"


well c'mon...


It was a wonderful weekend and no not everything went according to plan, but this fabulous weekend was just what the doctor ordered!!!


Here is a recap of Friday...


Friday night GS and I decided to drive the 45 minutes and go to our favorite restaurant. The Crab House. This is where we had our first date and we really don't go there often...too far and expensive, but that day we were all "oh honey, can't you wait to go to our special place" and "only 3 more hours until we get to go"


...I know pathetic, but it does hold a lot of memories for us...and if I am anything it's nostalgic


Anyway but the REAL reason we were excited to go was that we were looking forward to the "all you can eat crab"....now I don't know about you, but once you have all you can eat crab there is no going back to just a pound of snow crab...it just doesn't satisfy you any longer. It is like getting that solid chocolate bunny for Easter and then trying to be satisfied with that hollowed out impostor the next year...


...Ok maybe that is going a bit too far, but I am sure you catch my feeble drift...


And I just love going for that perfect "crack" and the perfect pull...for me it is all about the perfect pull of crab meat...the competition...the challenge...can I crack that shell just right and pull with the perfect amount of tension?


...yeah I need to get out more.



ANYWAY after all that build up we get to "our" place and lo and behold on the door is an eviction notice...yes that is right they are no longer there...booted...gone...a product of this crappy economy...


...sad I know
I think now, however, that maybe this is a sign to stop living in the past with past ideas and past celebrations and start moving forward...to a new chapter filled with new memories. I think that every once in awhile we just need to purge old habits and old memories and start thinking fresh...
...alright that solves my nostalgia, but not my need and desire for all you can eat crab...

So we did the only thing we knew to do...we took a picture...

...and went to Cheesecake Factory

...and ate way to much...

...thank goodness there isn't all you can eat cheesecake

...me and my thighs (and a number of other parts) would be in trouble.

More Later

My fabulous weekend...to be continued

...I know I am the queen of suspense...can you feel it??

-A Ro


No comments:

Post a Comment