Sunday, June 27, 2010

Project 365 Week 26

Project 365 button designed by http://richgift.blogspot.com


This week was the start of Rich's daughters S's 4 week visit to California.  We are so excited to have her here and she is having so much fun.  It is really nice to get some face to face time with such a great girl. 

Sunday:

Happy Father's Day Rich

We opened presents (doesn't he look surprised?)and then went to Reds to celebrate S's birthday and Father's Day.  I got a cute picture of the Reds folks singing to S and a big beautiful smile on her face.  It was a great day.

Monday:

First Day of Camp!!

We all started camp today.  Bella is in the Fantastic Fifth group and S and Andrew are CIT's this summer.  Andrew is in charge of the game room and S is in the cooking room.  She loves the teacher in there.  She was with me when there wasn't a cooking class and we enjoyed just hanging out.  She is a great helper.  It was nice and cool outside...so far.

Tuesday:

Our Camp Room

Here is my home for the next 6 weeks.  Usually it is full of bustling middle schoolers (and some high schoolers).  I enjoy my time with these kids.

Wednesday:

My Lame Attempt at a Picture

The camp went to see Toy Story 3 today.  I forgot to get a picture (not sure how that happened...oh wait maybe it was because I was in charge of the CIT's AND schleping popcorn) so when I came home I snapped this pic.  We had a great time and I loved the movie...tears and all!!

Thursday:

S'Winter

If you are Phineas and Ferb fans you'll get my reference...if not forgive me.  Today we had a 12 ton hill of snow dumped on our field.  The kids brought sleds and mittens.  Bella didn't slide but had fun throwing snowballs at her counselors.  Always a camp favorite.

Friday:

Happy Campers

Today we went to Chuck E Cheeses for camp.  Now there are many many reasons why I don't like Chuck E Cheeses not the least the idea of a big rat representing a food establishment.  However, this is also a favorite trip of the campers.  S was the CIT for Bella's group.  They had fun taking pictures and playing games.  Later that night Rich fired up the fire pit and we roasted marshmallows and made s'mores.  It was so nice to just sit around the fire and enjoy each others company.

Saturday:

The Lame Festival

We thought it would be fun to go to a local Greek Festival today.  However, when we got there we quickly realized that wouldn't be staying long...even if we went to every booth we wouldn't be staying long.  So we ditched it and went to a really good Italian restaurant and some outlet malls.  We got S a really cool new watch and Rich some shoes.  Yes I got some shoes too, but they were buy one get one free so I just couldn't pass that up.  We had a really nice day ending with a soccer game.  We started with the old people (Rich and I) against the young people (S and Bella)...that wasn't too fair, so S and I played Rich and Bella.  That was a little more even. 

In Summary:  The only thing that is very evident this week is that having Rich's daughter here is such a blessing.  It really confirms all the things we know are true.  S loves her dad, and S doesn't hate me at all.  In fact...dare I say it...she might just like me.  She is a very happy girl and really loves to be a part of life here.  That is the reality, and that reality warms my heart.

More Later

- A Ro 

10 comments:

  1. sounds like a wonderful week in many ways!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chuck E. Cheese= UGH. My sister-in-law was Chuck for a while and had to put up with being kicked, punched, and knocked over. Not one of her better jobs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great week...that camp sounds like tons of fun and my boys would really enjoy it! Glad that you are having a good time with S and that you all get along so well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Summer camp sounds like great fun!

    I see alot of blogger have posted about Toy Story 3...looks like an awesome movie!

    I love Greek festivals (or should I say Greek food...becuse that is the reason I go) but I have never found a really big one yet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds like a really fun week! I'm glad Rich's daughter is having a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love camp!! So glad that you are able to participate as a family.
    I hear that kleenex will be in order for Toy Story 3...guess I will be prepared!
    So glad that S is having a good time and that you are being blessed by a good relationship!
    Have a super week!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gotta love camp! And snowballs at the counselors? Too much fun. My girls loved Toy Story 3. Did you bring Kleenex? ;) How special that you had a great week with Rich's daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a nice week....enjoy all your fun family time!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Camp sounds like fun! Where in the world do y'all get "snow" to dump in the field??

    I absolutely ADORED Toy Story 3!!

    Greek Fest. Not so much??

    I'm so happy for your family that S just fits right in, and that things are great between y'all. That's such a wonderful blessing!

    Great week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi!

    I've been gone for awhile so had to go back and figure out who S was. I enjoyed catching up on your fun summer.
    Keep on havin' fun!

    ReplyDelete