It is that time again to join Joyce and answer some hodgepodge-y questions. C'mon you know you want to join in. Everyone's doing it!
1. A new Miss America was crowned on Saturday night-did you watch? If you were a contestant what would your talent be?
Yeah...no I didn't watch, but I heard that Miss Iowa made it to the final 12 or so. The talent portions would be the least of my problems...it's easy, I'd sing. It's the looking good in high heels and a bikini, being able to walk down stairs and not look at the floor, and answering the world peace questions that I would find hard. Talent, piece of cake.
2. Do you have houseplants? Real or fake?
None and if I did they would be fake, and I'd probably kill those too.
3. When you were in school did you speak up or were you more of the hide your face, avoid eye contact, and pray the teacher didn't call on you type of student?
Oh, please. My teachers hid and avoided eye contact with me and prayed that I didn't raise my hand. I thought I had all the answers and no fear. Yeah, not a great combo for a teacher.
4. Next Monday marks the Chinese New Year...what do you order when someone suggests Chinese food?
Oh, my goodness I love Chinese food. I love egg rolls, fried wontons, and egg drop soup. My main dish is really anything, but my favorite is shrimp with lobster sauce. Expensive taste huh?
5. How would you define a miracle? What would it take for you to consider something a miracle?
I really believe that everyday and every breath is a miracle. The birth of my children, the sunrise, the sunset, the fact that I found the love of my life again after 20 years, the fact that I was diagnosed with no-doubt-about-it cancer and having it turn out to be cysts. The fact that Rich's daughter chose to live with us. I have so many miracles in my life that it would take a miracle to get them all down on paper.
6. What's your favorite Disney song? If you're stuck you'll find a list here.
Colors of the Wind. I cannot listen to that without shedding a tear. Love that song and the message. I mean, c'mon "how high does the Sycamore grow if you cut it down you'll never know"...where is my hankie.
7. I should have _____________ yesterday.
hugged my family more
8. In Summary: I am a big old sap. I cry at Disney songs, find miracles in the mundane, and need more hugs. It is very obvious, however, that I do know my limitations. I can't walk in a bikini and heels, I kill plants, have a lot to say, and can't say no to some crab meat rangoons and saki. It is a well-rounded life.
- A Ro