Tuesday, January 24, 2012

It's Raining It's Pouring

It has been pouring rain and just miserable today.  Here in Southern California when it starts to rain, or rain is predicted, certain things happen. 

1.  I start singing "It's Raining Men".  Now I know that particular song isn't really about raining, but for some reason it is the song that sticks in my head and I sing it all day. 

2.  The local news stations send every possible reporter out in the field to report on the "Winter Storm".  OK people calling this a "Winter Storm" is like calling Theresa Giudice from Housewives of New Jersey Mother Theresa. Technically it is winter and it is a storm and her name is Theresa and she is a mother, but ...yeah. I always feel like we are insulting every mid-westerner who knows what a winter storm is really like and it isn't what is happening outside.  Not even close.

3.  My room turns into a place for a gaggle of giggling sixth graders to eat lunch, who leave a wake of crumbled Doritos and Naked Juice bottles behind.  We have an ouside campus so when it rains there really isn't anywhere for the kids to eat.  I am more than happy to give up a quiet lunch to keep them dry.  I must admit I kind of enjoy it.

4.  Drivers here go to the extreme.  Either they drive way too fast for the road conditions and end up bugging up traffic for hours, or they drive way to slow and end up bugging up traffic for hours.  Just drive like you have a head on your shoulders people.

5.  I get to wear my cute Target rain boots and my outlet mall Columbia rain coat.  The very rain coat that I held in my hand and debated the $15.00 price tag much too long for it being a $15.00 Columbia rain coat.  I really had a hard time justifiying buying a rain coat period, I live in Southern California for pete's sake.  However, each time it rains I look at that coat like it is gold...$15.00 gold.

Luckily I had this video to keep the sunshine in my room.  I swear I watched it 50 times.  It is a video of my neice Abby, you know that adorable red head that I can't get enough of.  She is reading a book to her mom and she has the teacher thing down.  You can hear the animal names pretty clearly, but the rest of the words she says are all  her own, and  I am certain that she knows EXACTLY what she is saying, but her mom has no idea.

I'm telling you, you will be so much happier after watching this so please enjoy and save it for a rainy day.

More Later

- A Ro

2 comments:

  1. When my son was 13 he participated in a talent show. He sung "It's raining men". It was hilarious! He wore a pink raincoat, twirling an umbrella and quite a few of his friends ran up and down the auditorium isles wearing short shorts and holding umbrellas. He won 2nd place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right - she is too precious! I think she's saying that each animal is itchy & then something about a mouse :)

    ReplyDelete