Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Ring in the Hodgepodge!!



Going to join the Hodgepodge this week to keep my streak of 2 posts, plus I love the Hodgepodge.  Head on over to Joyce's and link up, and pat me on the back for my streak!!

1. What are three words you would use to describe your 2011?
roller-coaster (one word right?) speedy and blessed. 

2. Do you like shrimp? What's your favorite way to have it prepared?
LOVE shrimp when I don't think about what kind of bottom feeder creature it is.  I love it in a shrimp cocktail, scampi, grilled, salads, and any other way you can prepare it.

3. Is your house de-Christmased? If so when did you tackle that job? If not, when will the decorations come down?
Oh how you mock me with this question.  No my house is not de-Christmased.  I had one day turn around from leaving for Iowa on Christmas day to starting work.  It will drive me nutsoid until I do, which will probably be this weekend.

4. Do you like to watch scary movies?
Is Chevy Chase in scary movies?  I didn't think so.  So the answer would be no.  As a matter of fact the answer would be a huge NO.  I am not paying $11.50 for the ticket, $25.00 for popcorn and soda, and $9.50 for Junior Mints to have the beegeezus scared out of me.  no.thank.you.

5. ice skating~sledding~skiing~snowboarding~of the four listed which wintertime activity do you most enjoy?
I would have to say sledding, however, I do not like to be cold so I try to stay away from all of the above activities.

6. Did you have a childhood hideout? Describe it.
There was a corner of my yard where the way the hedges came together made a small triangular space.  I had many dreams of how I would decorate it, if I had the means and the opportunity...none of which I had.  So it consisted of a wooden stool and some toys.

7. What's a place or space that motivates you?
hmmm...My Mom's house in Iowa makes me motivated to provide for my family the way she does.  My classroom motivates me to be the best educator I can be.

8.  In Summary:
2011 was an amazing year, but 2012 is the year for me to be all I can be.  It will more than likely not have any sort of winter sports, or scary movies in it, but hopefully a lot of shrimp!! It is obvious that I was thinking about my house and how it would be even when the walls were green and leafy, but my current house is a place or space that is definitely motivating me to take down my Christmas decorations.

More Later

- A Ro

11 comments:

  1. Enjoyed reading your humorous responses! Yep, I agree about 'the bottom dweller that it is'. One of the reasons I don't eat shrimp much. It is tasty though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your story about the hedges reminded me of a group behind my neighbors house we used to play in. It was super dark when you got inside the space and we used to scare ourselves silly playing in there.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You movie comment made me laugh! My husband loves Chevy Chase. In fact we are forced (I mean, it's a tradition) to watch 'Christmas Vacation' every Christmas Eve.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad to see that you share my view of scary movies. I am also not a fan at all.

    Good luck getting all of your Christmas down soon. I think I would be going crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I-am-so-with-you-on-#4! Truer words were never spoken...er, written! *smile

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will keep Christmas up for at least another week. Must easier/cheaper to be scared at home with Netflix! Enjoyed #8.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So neat to hear you say that your classroom motivates you. I'm planning on becoming a teacher and it makes me happy when a teacher says something like that about her classroom. Shows her passion for teaching. Happy 2012! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enjoyed your answers, always a lot of fun. I am with you on the scary movies, not going to happen here! Some of our answers were similar. I also think that is cool that your classroom motivates you! Because that trickles down to the kids too!
    until next time... nel

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like your background! It's PERFECT!
    Yes, roller-coaster is 1 word: as long as it's hyphenated, it's one word! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. :) I am glad your classroom motivates you! I graduate with my education degree in Dec.

    ReplyDelete