Monday, January 23, 2012

Weekend Highlight Reel

OK...things are looking good right at the moment.  It is an hour before my bedtime, brownies are cooling on on the counter, last load of laundry is almost done drying, the rest of the laundry is put away, and I am starting on my blog.  It looks like I just might get everything done on my Sunday to do list!!

I am also planning ahead.  I have already taken two pictures for my Photo Friday blog, so look forward to that.  My sister also uploaded an amazingly cute video of Abby reading a book like she is a teacher to Facebook.  I was going to save that for Friday too, but I think that as soon as she uploads it to YouTube so I can put it on my blog, I will share.  I'm telling you that video alone is worth the visit back here.

This weekend had a couple of firsts.  The first one being I stayed up until 11:00 pm Friday and Saturday night watching movies.  The second one was that I stayed up until 11:00 pm Friday and Saturday night watching action movies, that didn't even star Chevy Chase.

I know...who are you and what have you done with A-Ro.

We watched Green Hornet, and Captain America.  Now here is the deal.  These action movies violent scenes were very comic-book-esque.  Not very realistic at all.  They both had a romantic element and they both ended relatively happy.  Plus, I am kinda looking forward to The Avengers movie that is coming out.  It combines the characters of Thor, Captain America, The Hulk, and Iron Man.  It looks really good.

No, no, don't worry I'm OK, no fever or delirium.

I didn't have my kidlets this weekend so it was nice to do something with Sarah and Justin, we all usually just sit around and miss Bella and Andrew.  Sarah fell asleep halfway through the movie on Friday night, and I wish I would have taken a picture because she puts her sweatshirt hood over her eyes and falls asleep sitting up.  It is so cute.  On Saturday night she was so proud when she made it past 9:00, but shortly after that the hood went on and she was sound asleep.  When Rich woke her up to go upstairs she was so happy that she made it through ALMOST the whole movie.  We must really wear her out because she goes to be SO much earlier than when she lived in Iowa. 

Rich and I got away a few times for some alone time.  We went to breakfast Saturday morning and got coffee together before the movie on Friday night.  I really enjoy those few moments together.

Regular cleaning, super cleaning the bathrooms, and grocery shopping rounded out our days off.

Overall a very wonderful weekend and it didn't even involve Chevy Chase.

More Later

- A Ro

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great weekend. I admit, I'm an action movie junky (even more than Mike these days - what's up with that?). I'd probably really enjoy those movies even if they WEREN'T all that violent :)

    ReplyDelete