Thursday, January 19, 2012

Optmistic Thankful Thursday

I have had a surprisingly good day today.  I really expected this new week and semester to really kick my boo-hiney.  I realize that I only finished day 2 of my new semester and this week is only a 4 day week.

OK I guess my optimism is a little premature, but I am going to go with it as long as I can, or at least until Friday when I can't move from exhaustion.

In honor of my premature optimism I am going with a Thankful Thursday theme.

1.  I am so very thankful for Andrew tonight. He was upstairs plugging away on homework, but I kept seeing him come downstairs to help Sarah with her math.  It was so cute, she would leave the table walk upstairs and a few seconds they would appear together and he would help her.  He was so patient and kind.  He also, later on, helped Justin with the math section of his ASVAB. 

2.  I am thankful Andrew is good at math.

3.  I am thankful that my husband just loves to be with me.  He rarely leaves my side when we are home.  I know that sounds kinda annoying, but we truly just love being near each other.  Whether doing chores, shopping, cooking dinner, or just laying in bed as we are right now, me blogging and him watching his Kindle, and every once in awhile just reaching out and touching my arm...sigh.

4.  I am thankful that I decided to completely fill my tank with gas this morning.  I am the girl who runs on fumes and HATES to mess with filling my car with gas.  I know that sounds so stupid, I mean I do realize that I need gas in my car to function, but with the prices and the fact that I am always in a hurry, I just hate messing with it.  So this morning, as I was starring at the gas light blaring at me, I was tempted to just put a couple of bucks into it just to get me to work, but my more logical side decided that if I was going to go through all the trouble of stopping for gas I might as well fill it up.  Now I don't have to mess with it for another week, unless my newly licensed son decides to tool all over the valley this weekend....oh well.

5.  I am thankful that my logical side wins sometimes.

6.  I am thankful for my 7:00 am class this morning.  Even though the entire getting gas debate was due to the fact that I didn't want to be late for that class, and the entire way to work all I wanted to do was go back to bed, I was so glad THAT class was the first thing on my agenda.  Those kids, with their millions of AP and honors classes, get up so early just to spend some time making music with little old me.  They are all such happy and talented kids and work so hard.  I walked away from that class this morning just to happy and on cloud nine.

7.  I am thankful that sometimes you get just what you need at the very moment you need it.

8.  I am so thankful for the girls that live under my roof.  Sarah texts me every morning when she gets to school and I look forward to hearing from that happy-go-lucky girl each morning even if I am teaching when she sends it.  She absolutely loves school and her excitement each day is invigorating.  And Bella always finds time to come say hi to me during the day, and I just love seeing her sweet smile during my day.  Both of those girls just make me so happy.

9.  I am thankful that Billy Joel's River of Dreams shuffled on my ipod right now, what a great song.  A few minutes ago I was struggling to stay awake ready fall into the pillow, and now I feel like dancing.

10.  I am thankful that sometimes you get just what you need at the very moment you need it.

More Later\

- A Ro

3 comments:

  1. What a lovely post! I'm glad that you're so happy these days. Although I'm a little worried about your head if you're thankful for a 7 am class. Heh.

    P.S. I don't have a fancy phone so I play WWF on Facebook. I'd be happy to have another Facebook WWF accomplice if you're interested :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Regarding #4. Try convincing my husband that it is worth while to fill it! I agree - you are already there, why would you NOT fill it! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it great how music can lift you up? And, for those kids to get up uber-early to make some music just makes your heart sing!

    ReplyDelete