Tuesday, January 24, 2012

The Super Hodgepodge



It is time for Joyce's weekly hodgepodge.  Head on over and answer her well thought out, thought provoking, and amusing questions then link up to your blog.

Easy-peasy-lemon-squeezy.

1. The NFL playoffs were held this past weekend and this year's Superbowl lineup will feature The New York Giants versus The New England Patriots. How do you define 'patriot'?
Someone who loves America and is willing to fight and self sacrifice for her good.

Right?

2. What's something in your life right now that feels like a 'giant'?

Starting the college finding process for my son.  Woah...big time worry.

3. What's the first thing that comes to mind when you think back to being 18?
I turned 18 the summer before I started college so when I think back to that time I think about starting college and feeling like my life was just beginning.  I was nervous and excited at the same time.  Wow, what an amazing time.

4. Coconut-mashed potatoes-vanilla ice cream-mayonnaise...which white food would be the hardest to give up?
Well, I hate coconut, and really don't eat much mayonnaise, and ice cream is ice cream so I could give up Vanilla easily.  So that leaves mashed potatoes, and I think that would be hard to give up.  I love those spuds!!

5. Describe an incident or a day you remember as the coldest you've ever experienced?
I went to college in Iowa City. (Go Hawkeyes!!)  Anyway, I was a music major and to be cruel (or weed out the wimps) we had an 8:00 am music theory class everyday.  University of Iowa has a river that runs right through it, the music building was on the opposite side of the river from my dorm and every morning I walked that walk, rain or shine.  This one particular morning I remember walking across that river and it being SO cold and windy that I thought my forehead was going to explode.  I just remember taking off in a run because I thought I was going to pass out from the pain of that cold wind on my forehead.

6. You're hosting a brunch...what's your favorite dish to prepare and serve?
Well besides the mimosas, of course, I love a good breakfast casserole.  I also love coffee cake, and croissants, and bagels, and quiche, and fruit salad, and good warm coffee, and muffins...I love muffins.

Well, there you go.

7. How do you combat negative thinking?
You just gotta push it out.  I also love the mantra "I think I can I think I can" or "just keep swimming just keep swimming" I also believe that just like in the movie We Bought a Zoo that anyone can be brave for 20 seconds.  Just get through the 20 seconds and then move on.

Yeah...you gotta have a lot of options when the negative ninnies come a calling.


8. In Summary:
I I'd like to believe that I am a true patriot but in any case I am a Patriot because the school that I teach at are the Patriots.  I'd like to believe that I can tackle Giants, so we will see when next year comes around.  I'd like to think that 18 was the best year of my life, but I think that was just the start of the best years.  I'd like to think I could get rid of white foods altogether, but then you have to add whipped cream to the list and I would crumble.  I'd like to think that i could go back to living in the mid west, but I have to say that my forehead has never hurt here in CA.  But I know for a fact that 20 seconds of bravery wouldn't work with a brunch laid out in front of me.

More Later

- A Ro

6 comments:

  1. Oh that whole college process can definitely feel like a giant. Good luck with it all. It's exciting too and I know it helped me to remember back to how I felt at that age. Its a wonderful time of life for your son ...a little bittersweet for us moms.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your summary cracked me up! Yep, getting rid of whipped cream would be a bummer. Your #4 is nearly identical to mine.
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes that is a giant. Good luck! Enjoyed reading your answers. Enjoy the rest of your week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i always love your summaries... ;)

    ReplyDelete