Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Are You Ready?

I don't mean is your menu set...although you probably should know what you are fixing by now.

I don't mean have you gone to the grocery store...because in my case it really doesn't matter, I will have forgotten something.

I don't mean are you packed and ready to go if you are traveling...because I don't care how organized you are toothbrushes are still only a couple of bucks at any grocery store.

I don't mean is your house clean enough for your guests...if they truly love you they won't look under the bed or in the closets.

I don't mean is your cooking schedule figured out so that the rolls that take 2 hours to rise aren't started while someone is carving the turkey.

And I CERTAINLY don't mean are you ready for the amount of stress that tomorrow might bring. Stress over the amount of dirty dishes there will be, the lack of room in your refrigerator, or in my case oven, for all that food, or feelings of guilt for having that second helping of pumpkin pie or third.

What I DO mean is are you ready to be thankful for the food on your table, the loved ones surrounding you, and the abundant blessings that you have in your life.

Because people...that is what is REALLY important this Thanksgiving Day...all the rest will either be forgotten or turned into hilarious stories people will laugh about for years to come...either way it is ultimately a win win.

Enjoy your day

More Later

- A Ro

No comments:

Post a Comment