In my case I was having a great day, no an absolutely fabulous day until I burnt a hole in my kitchen table. This horrible wish-I-could-be-Superman-and-fly-around-the-world-and-turn-back-time-moment happened 45 minutes before bedtime. Yep 45 minutes until I could have put my head on the pillow with a good feeling...but nope.
First lets look at the good stuff:
- got my carb-loaded body out of bed for my 5.5 mile run
- perfect running weather
- went out for a nice no kids breakfast with GS
- worked on my crossword puzzle while eating oatmeal
- cleaned my house
- made brownies
- put up the garland on my banister
- finally got the kids school pictures cut up
- did all the laundry and put it all away
- burnt a hole in my kitchen table
I have been starting to pop a big batch of popcorn each Sunday night...it is a good for you snack that lasts us the week...you know nibble here and there instead of the aforementioned brownies. Stupid MSN did a story on how microwave popcorn is bad for you cause of the "chemicals"...I should know better and realize that it really isn't the microwave popcorn that is going to do me in considering I still use Splenda like it is going out of style. However, to be more "healthy" I decided to buy some "real" popcorn and do it in a pan on the stove. Bella loves it too cause she gets to watch it pop. I'm telling you it was cheap entertainment until this new "healthy" snack caused me to burn a hole in my kitchen table.
So...(I am guessing you probably know where this is going...but indulge me)
I popped the batch and it was perfect...smelled wonderful so I turned "off" the burner to let it finish popping...now I KNOW that you know where this is going. Instead of turning off the burner I turned it up full blast. I could go into the "old" gas stove without any markers about hi and low, but I have lived with this stove for almost 5 years and would be a rich woman if I had a nickle for every time I mistakenly turned it up full blast instead of off...so really no excuses. I saw it was burning and smoking and probably going to burn my house down so I grabbed the pan to throw it outside and it started, of course, to burn my fingers so I threw the pan on the nearest flat surface...yes we have finally come full circle...onto my kitchen table.
So there. I realize I could go tell you about the 10 places in this story where I went wrong, but my nostrils are currently full of that horrible burnt popcorn smell and I feel a little faint.
And now I must go scour a very expensive pan...full of burnt oil and a layer of black popcorn...
...and go buy microwave popcorn
...and a new sander to refinish my kitchen table
...and call my therapist