1. How old is the oldest pair of shoes in your closet?
I was just showing off my Lands Ends Duck Shoes this weekend at the soccer game that never should have been I have had those shoes since I was in high school. That doesn't really surprise me. I have always been told that I collect shoes like some people collect Beanie Babies. I guess in every good collection you have to have some antiques.
2. Did you buy Girl Scout cookies this year? If so, what variety?
I bought Thin Mints, but didn't eat a one. I cannot have chocolate so this was an easy one. Not to say I didn't curse my doctor every time I opened the freezer and saw the round, chocolaty, disks of heaven. Nope...not a one.
3. Do you know how to ballroom dance? If not, would you like to?
This one cracks me up. The only reason I would want to ballroom dance would be the shoes and the outfits. I guess that is kind of like wanting to be a doctor so you can legitimately wear scrubs. Not quite a good enough reason.
4. Were you a responsible child/teenager?
Yes. I left my 14 year old VERY responsible son to babysit my 9 year old and was worried, until I realized I babysat MUCH younger kids when I was about 12. I hope that my son got those particular genes.
5. How many of this year's Oscar-nominated movies did you see?
Well, this was a good year. But when you nominate ten movies and one of them was an animated flick the chances are that I will have seen at least one. Otherwise, not so much. However, this year I saw Up, Up in the Air, and Blind Side. I was so glad that Sandra Bullock won, I just love her. Secretly, I was glad that the big hype Avatar didn't win as many as expected. I just love underdogs!!
6. If you're going to have a medical procedure done, such as having blood drawn, is it easier for you to watch someone else having the procedure done or have it done yourself?
That is like asking me which finger I would like to break. No good answer. I cannot stand to have procedures done, and I REALLY can't watch someone else. If I had to say I would say that I would rather have it done...I guess.
7. What is your favorite day of the week and why?
I like Saturdays. I get to sleep in a little, and I have an entire day to squeeze in all the stuff I need to do AND get to stay up a little late too. It is a perfect day.
8. Do you miss anyone right now?
My guy is an air traffic controller having to work a late shift tonight...so yes...(one tear)
9. Do hospitals make you queasy?
Yes...something about the way they smell. I know that is crazy.
10. At which store would you like to max-out your credit card. Not that you ever would, you responsible person, you.
I would have to reference question number 1 and say DSW shoe warehouse. Even though I need a chaperone and an oxygen mask to even walk through the doors...I could seriously do some damage to my credit history. Not that this responsible person WOULD, I'm just sayin' I COULD.
11. Are you true to the brand names of products/items?
Nope, whatever is on sale is good for me.
12. Which is more difficult: looking into someone’s eyes when you are telling someone how you feel, or looking into someone’s eyes when he/she is telling you how he/she feels?
That is a really good question. I feel that eye contact is really important, but it really is hard to do. I think it is harder for me to look at someone when they are telling me how they feel. I get embarrassed really easy.
In Summary: A-Ro would love to dress up like a doctor, but hates hospitals and medical procedures, not such a good mix. She was a very responsible teenager, doesn't attach herself to any one brand or product, but collects shoes. Finally I know it sounds crazy, but she gets embarrassed AND loves to talk in third person. Aren't there are so many things that just don't seem like they would be the way they are, but then lo and behold they are...go figure.
- A Ro