Like my logic??
This weekend was a wonderful one. So wonderful that it calls for a blog version of a highlight reel otherwise known as a list. I love lists, I mean who doesn't, lists rock.
- We had Friday off too. End of the semester break. Four day weekend baby!!
- Rich didn't end up going to Iowa. Crisis averted and he wasn't needed so he stayed here. He was a little bummed but now he can save his vacation time for when his daughter comes for Spring Break. I loved having him around for our extended weekend. (Don't get me wrong I would have been fine if he were to have gone...in fact it was my idea for him to go...but am glad all is OK and back on track there)
- Broke out the new Cuisine Art food processor and made some Apple Spice muffins. This was after I watched the hour long "how to" video. I may or may not have fallen asleep during the demo of Gazpacho, but at least I know not to slide my fingers across the blade or touch anything while it is still spinning, however, I think I figured all that out when I was about 5...so no wonder I fell asleep.
- Rich had to work late Saturday night so Bella and I cuddled and watched the final Shrek movie that she got for Christmas and...oddly enough...neither one of us saw. Pretty good movie, if you like predictible character actions, lots of bathroom humor, and good guys winning in the end...yep a true Amy movie.
- Rich and I had a couple of hours alone Sunday night while Andrew was at orchestra and Bella was at her friends house. We streamed our favorite Iowa radio station KGGO while we cooked dinner and got a weather report of -5 degrees and snow...we ate our chicken dinner to an open window and 75 degree breeze...yep nice.
- Bella and I got to cuddle in bed and watch TV while Rich watched a movie he Netflixed (now a new verb I am pretty sure) downstairs. The only thing we don't have in common is a love of action movies where guns and macho men do stupid things and live to tell about it. He always tries to tell me that some action movies are kinda funny. Yeah funny to me is Chevy Chase falling off a roof because he staples his coat sleeve to the Christmas lights not Bruce Willis hanging off a 100 story building by his belt buckle while shooting bad guys rain bullets down. Both just as unbelievable...one funny...one not.
However, we did all this in 75 degree weather...together. I love these kinds of weekends!!
- A Ro