Wednesday, April 15, 2009

I Hate the Internet....

...ok not really, actually I can't live without it. The old saying is true that you don't know what you've got until its gone...and boy is it gone, and boy do I miss it.

I am talking about my Internet at home. So as you can see I have not been blogging so much lately, because I have to work...geez people do you think that I just sit around all day and blog...

Well as you can see I am not working at the moment...

...shhhhh.

But I really felt the need to tell you all about my Internet woes.

It started last Sunday night. Andrew was complaining that his i-touch was not picking up the Internet...and truth be told I wasn't really listening to his complaint at the time...well he is 13 and really most of what comes out of his mouth is a complaint...so...I am sure you understand.

Anyway Monday I got home from work...and being that it was the first day back after spring break I was absolutely EXHAUSTED...and it isn't like I haul steel or anything, but I guess teaching middle schoolers (who are also just back from spring break) could be considered a contact sport. Although a good friend of mine compares teaching middle school with herding cats, and let me tell you that can be tiring. Well the Internet was down so, of course, I just start turning things off and on...because anyone knows that is the magic way to fix computers....otherwise known as re-boot.

Let me tell you people, with all the trouble I have had with trying to get my Internet fixed I want to give my ISP a re-boot right where the sun don't shine.

First of all I just love how they send you to their website to solve your Internet problems...

...OK people it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that if I am having Internet problems I can't access their website.

...duh...

So thankfully I have Internet at work so I got on their website which kept asking me what kind of operating system I am running and what version of Internet explorer I have. Am I the only person who doesn't have that stuff memorized? and do I need to remind them that I am not at my home computer accessing their website, because my problem is NO INTERNET...geez.

So I finally work my way through an amazing amount of troubleshooting screens and when I say an amazing amount I mean 20 minutes worth....to no avail. So finally I fill out a customer support form and they say that someone will contact me within 24 business hours. Now I know that sounds like a quick turn around but 24 BUSINESS HOURS is around 3 days...

3 DAYS??? Do they not know that I need my facebook, e-mail, and blogs to get through my day??

Thankfully I have GS...my hero. He takes it upon himself to call said ISP, and spends about 30 minutes on the phone with various techies and still no Internet...but don't worry they will call us back tonight around 8:00 pm...


...I am not going to hold my breath.


More Later (hopefully)

-A-Ro

No comments:

Post a Comment