Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Ice Cream You Scream We All Scream for Ice Cream

What is it about ice cream that really unites us. I really can't think of anybody that doesn't like ice cream...and especially Baskin Robins I mean who can't find an ice cream they like when the store has 31 flavors...c'mon people.
Well last night was the annual 31 cent night at Baskin Robins benefiting the Ventura County firefighters and it happened to fall on a Wednesday which at our house is our night to go out for ice cream...a long standing tradition.
...so if you come to my house be prepared for Wednesday night ice cream...just warning ya
And really there is no substitute in my kids eyes...Baskin Robins is it...and it has nothing to do with the fact that Andrew's 2nd grade teacher was Mrs. Baskin, and Isabella's 2nd grade teacher was Mrs. Robins.
...only my children would put those two things together.
Anyway we live withing walking distance of our local Baskin Robins which is really nice. On a nice night...like last night...the kids don their helmets and scooters and GS and I hold hands and enjoy the night air...well it doesn't go AS smoothly as that...I usually get...
"Do I have to wear my helmet...I mean it ONLY takes 5 minutes to get there"
...as if there is a magic 'head trauma' to 'time on scooter ratio' I don't know about...geez these kids are LUCKY they have me to keep them safe...
I also get the "Can we PLEEEAAASSEE bring Maggie?" (our dog) even though they know that she literally drags me around and likes to bark and lunge at EVERY dog...
...they have no compassion for their mother...clearly.
Last night I only got helmet attitude once and only one short can we bring Maggie...they were obviously excited about 31 cent night.
Now having been to a 31 cent night I knew what we were in for...

...a very long line.

Funny...the pandemic swine flu doesn't keep people away from 31 cent night...hmmm...see I was right about ice cream...it cures all.

We waited patiently...(see he takes off the helmet the second he is able...)...admired the firetruck...

and even tolerated four giggly teenagers in front of us...

Which caused me to ask..."Was I really that giggly at that age?" to which GS replied..."naw you were way more mature than that in high school"...and since he actually knew me back then I relied on his expert testimony...

...but I am pretty sure he is lying.

...here are the friendly firefighters who scooped our ice cream...and according to Andrew he hoped they were better at putting out fires...their scoops were really too small.

...hey we only paid 31 cents for each scoop...and you got three...geez kid cut them some slack.

However, you must cut him some slack because he is used to this kind generous Baskin Robins worker...usually she sees us coming and has his large world class chocolate shake started or already made by the time it is our turn to order...

...sorry for the crappy picture...Andrew about killed me when I tried to get her picture...something about being a crazy stalker mom...thirteen year olds...geez.

...we are a pretty predictable bunch.

More Later

-A Ro

No comments:

Post a Comment