I did watch both episodes of The Event this week, and that seemed to leak into my responses this week. I am only watching because I fear that, if I don't watch, it will be just like Lost, I won't be in the "in" crowd. Lord knows that wouldn't be good.
Answer these questions on your blog and then click the button and link up with all of us over at 2nd Cup of Coffee.
1. Do you believe, somewhere deep inside, that blondes do indeed have more fun? That they are "dumber" than brunettes or redheads? Be honest!
2. Which animal would you most like to observe in its wild habitat?
Gorillas, or apes of any kind. They fascinate me. If you watched The Event you know that our DNA differs from the gorillas by only 2%, maybe that is why I am so curious about them.
3. This week the U.N. announced that Dr. Mazlan Othman has been appointed the official "Alien Ambassador," should any extraterrestrials contact us. Have you, or has anyone you know, ever seen a UFO?
I have never seen one nor do I know of anyone who has. The U.N. must have also watched The Event cause after that episode one might believe that we would need an ambassador. I do have to admit that I think that extraterrestrials are in the realm of possibility, however, I am not sure we need an Ambassador, but at least someone will be probed before me.
4. Name your favorite Hitchcock film.
If you know me at all you will realize that I have never seen a Hitchcock film. To keep my The Event thread going I know you are surprised that I even watch that show...huh?.
5. Would you rather spend time at the library, the mall, a craft store or home?
I would have to say home, however home doesn't contain a shoe store so the mall would run a close second.
6. Which Disney princess is your favorite? (Or Disney character, if you are a guy)
My favorite Disney princess would have to be Ariel based solely on the songs she gets to sing.
7. What kind of art is your favorite?
I am a performing artist so I would say performing art. If you mean art in the sense of visual art I would say I love Impressionism the most.
8. How do you feel about viral videos, that is, videos made by amateurs that end up on Youtube receiving thousands of hits?
I love anything that isn't "corporate" especially things that are creative. I think that most of the talented people out there are undiscovered, so the more that we discover the more we will gain.
9. Where do you buy your jeans?
Nordstrom Rack. I actually found a pair of Calvin Klein jeans there that are my favorite. My favorite in high school and my favorite now...go figure.
10. Tell me about your first automobile accident.
Believe it or not my first one is my only one...and I might add that I have only had one traffic ticket in my entire driving career. Anyway, I was in my friends truck, just got married, and was moving some stuff to our new apartment. A driver ran a red light and hit me in the intersection. I remember that although my seat belt might have saved my life it left some major bruises and I bit my tongue. The police said that it was my fault, but before the court date (as I was going to contest it) witnesses came forward to say that she ran the red. Phew.
11. Have you ever been honest when you knew you would benefit more if you would be dishonest?
We all have gone back into the store when we realize that we didn't pay for the toilet paper or water bottles that were under the cart. I think the word dishonest implies that by doing so you would benefit. I mean can you think of a case where DISHONESTY wouldn't benefit you (not morally, but other ways)? Whether it be telling your significant other that "no those jeans don't make your butt look big", to keeping the toothbrush that got stuck in your cart so that you don't have to unbuckle your toddler to go back into the store...not that I would know anything about that!!
12. If you were appointed "Ambassador to Aliens," what would you show and tell first about life on Earth? What would be the most difficult thing to explain?
The second question is easier to answer than the first. 1) why it is 107 degrees in California in September 2) where all the people are going on the 101 at 4:00 on a Saturday afternoon 3) what Paris Hilton did to gain her celebrity status, just to name a few.
I would tell them not to judge the whole based on the actions of a few.
In Summary: I did watch The Event and obviously it had an impact on my thinking this week. I am a good driver, but would never watch any Hitchcock movie unless Chevy Chase decided to redo them all...then I am in. I have a hard time believing in stereotypes although I do believe they are a part of being human. I do think that we are foolish to think we are the only life forms in this galaxy, but to appoint an ambassador seems a little odd. Most important I am a very honest person and believe that telling the truth is always the best policy unless I ask if these new Calvin Klein jeans from Nordstrom Rack make my butt look big...then lie like a dog!!
- A Ro