It is time for the Random Dozen...hosted by Linda. Click on the above button and head over to Linda's and link up your own answers. It is a lot of fun...for sure!!
Here is my go at it.
1. Have you, or has someone close to you, ever won an award for anything? (I just came from my dad's ceremony wherein he was given a medal of honor by the French government for service in France in WWII. Pictures to follow.)
Wow...anything I say pales in comparison. Rich has won some awards when he was in the Navy for air traffic controlling. My kids have won various awards in school, and I have won a singing competition or two, but nothing like your dad's...that is such an honor Linda!!
2. Who is the nearest relative to you who has served in the US Military?
My husband retired after 20 years in the Navy as an air traffic controller. My Dad was a captain in the Air Force. Both my Grandpas served in the US Military too.
I am very proud of them all.
3. Share something that stirs the patriotic spirit in you.
The National Anthem gets me every time. Whether singing it by myself, with a crowd, or watching someone else it always gives me those goose bumps.
4. Where are you in the birth order in your family? Do you think your "placement" made a difference in your personality?
I am the oldest.
Natural leader - check
Reliable - check
People pleaser - check
Needs approval - check
Perfectionist - and double check
5. Name one trait you hope you carry that was evidenced in your parents or grandparents.
Rich wrote in his wedding vows to me how much I remind him of my Dad (who passed away 8 years ago). He told me that I was kind, compassionate, and would do anything for anyone, always looking out for other people. I hope I am doing my Dad justice.
6. If female, do you prefer wearing a skirt or pants? If male, shirt and tie or polo?
I am a diva and a girly girl. I like wearing skirts. I like feeling feminine.
7. Approximately how many times do you wake during the night? What do you do to go back to sleep?
Once or twice. I put my head back on the pillow. Done.
8. Share a favorite movie quote.
"Buddy the elf, what's your favorite color?"
"These toilets are GINORMOUS"
"The best way to spread Christmas cheer is singing loud for all to hear"
"Aunt Bethany, does your cat like jello?"
"Clark she can't see her eyes are frozen"
Love those movies.
9. What is your favorite Fall candle scent?
Gonna have to go with the old faithful...pumpkin. Yum.
10. What is one Fall activity you're looking forward to?
Just getting out all of our fall decorations, and making Halloween cake pops and cookies. I love the fall.
11. Tell us about a pleasant surprise that happened to you recently.
My student Scott brought me homemade cookies, just because. It really made me smile.
(they were so yummy...thanks Scott)
12. What was it like when you first met your in-laws-to-be?
Sad to say that I never got to meet Rich's parents. They died when Rich was young. I met his aunt and uncle, who raised him, when we dated in high school. His aunt Dolly always liked me and told me how she could tell how much Rich liked me too. I wish I could thank her for bringing Rich to Iowa to live after his dad died.
In Summary: Wow this random was easy. I have been around military folks all my life and now I am married to one and I couldn't be more proud of him. I am going to get my commissary card soon and could be happier. I am the epitome of an oldest...a diva that needs constant stroking and attention, and thankfully I have a husband who doesn't mind that job. I have not met a pillow, car seat, couch, floor that I can't lull me to sleep. Love the fall and Halloween because just around the corner I can pull out my copies of Elf and Christmas Vacation!!
- A Ro