Tuesday, February 15, 2011

My Valentine

Valentine's Day can be a hard holiday to contend with.  It can turn into a day where you feel obligated to do something nice for your loved one.  It can turn into a day where guys rush around and try to find their sweetheart a gift and if you are a gal you bang your head against the wall because you can't figure out what to get that special guy.  It can turn into a pressure filled day that ends up being disappointing because you are trying to pour all your love into one day.

It really doesn't have to be that way.  If you truly show your love for your special someone everyday then Valentine's Day can simply be one day where you just bump up your love game just a notch.

My family has figured it out.  My family shows each other love every single day and we just enjoy treating each other to something a little more special on Valentine's Day, as I always say it is just an ordinary day, but with GIFTS!!

Now all 3.5 of you that read my blog regularly are wondering what I got Rich.  Well...I was going through the usual kvetching about what to get him besides a BMW Z-something-or-other or an airplane, which are really the only two things he talks about wanting.  So I decided to think of other things he likes.  For one thing, he likes me. For another, he always talks about how he has lived in California for quite a bit of his adult life and has never really explored any other of the locations around our beautiful state besides San Diego and really wants to travel the state a bit.  So....

We are going on Saturday to Pasedena for an Old Town Pasedena Food Tour.  It is a 3.5 hour walking tour of Old Pasedena where you stop at various restaurants for a sampling of food.  I can't wait...and I may or may not be in denial that rain is in the forecast.

Now for the biggest news...what I got today.

My girl sent me on a scavenger hunt this morning...and at the end of the hunt was a beautiful flower.  I may or may not have been putting on makeup, brushing my hair, getting lunches packed, and yelling at Andrew to hurry up while on said scavenger hunt.
She is just the most thoughtful, creative, and loving girl I have ever met.

The kids (with a little help from Rich) got me an old fashioned popcorn popper.  I am assuming that they remembered how much I like "real" popped popcorn and how my table is now permanently scared due to me trying to pop popcorn on the stove...yeah didn't turn out so well.  Bella made me a sweet card and I can't wait to break this bad boy out.

Rich got me a beautiful heart necklace and a very sweet card.  I was so thankful, and very much adored.

Overall a very beautiful, easy going, Valentine's Day with my very loving family.

No stress, no kvetching, no pressure and no need to start purchasing jet fuel...phew.

More Later

- A Ro

4 comments:

  1. I can't wait to hear about the walking eating tour...that sounds right up my alley!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You received some lovely things for Valentine's.
    It's been a long time since I've had real homemade popcorn...Yum!!
    Enjoy the walking eating tour and I'll pray it doesn't rain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh - love the necklace! Sounds like you guys did good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds perfect. We try to have the same attitude and it makes it so much nicer.

    Hugs & love,
    Mimi

    ReplyDelete