Whew...this weekend came in went so fast my head is still spinning. It only made me wish, as I pulled my butt out of be this morning, that I had another three day weekend.
Here are the highlights:
1. Friday night was our school's faculty party. It is our school's 50th year so all the faculty brought in pictures of them a little bit...younger.
The only thing that is the same is the young man in the picture...he is still in the picture.
2. I went for a run both Saturday morning and Sunday morning...picking the two coldest days of the week to get back at it. I really need to do another post regarding what goes through my mind during my runs...some really crazy stuff. I did a similar post here...it is a pretty good funny post if you have a minute. If you are a runner you will relate and if you aren't you will be glad you aren't.
3. Saturday was Mom/Rich taxi. Bella had two playdates and a sleepover, and we had to pick up Andrew at his bff's house. His bff's dad and mom are celebrities and the nicest people you could ever meet. They are down to earth, unassuming, and generous with my son beyond belief. Lets just say he is over there a lot. Their daughter is one of my favorite middle schoolers. I just love that family.
4. So one would think that any character that is smattered over every 4 year olds t-shirts, lunch boxes, backpacks, and underwear would be a character that would be a part of an "Amy movie". Yeah...Iron Man...not so much. Rich and I watched it Saturday night complete with a bowl of popcorn from my new toy and some cuddling. I really liked the movie but I was happy that I was knitting while watching because there were a couple of moments where Rich said "Honey, maybe you shouldn't watch this part"...my reply "I am one step a head of you".
5. I know that the next thing I divulge will probabaly cause you to gasp, but I am not much of an awards show person. No I didn't watch the Oscars. I didn't watch the seven hour red carpet event. I didn't watch to see which's celebritie's jewelry could feed a third world country for a decade I just don't get into that hype. They play no more of an important role in our society than I do. Their skill set is no more challenging than mine. I'll tell you one thing that is VERY different..their paychecks. I just don't get it.
6. I'll tell you what I did get into on Sunday...piles of laundry, vacuuming, mopping, cooking, bill paying, and all without Rich who had to work...sigh.
Let me tell you one thing for sure...I wouldn't trade it for a million little gold naked men statues.
- A Ro