Tuesday, February 1, 2011
The Real Hodgepodge
It is Wednesday and you know what that means right??? Yes Joyce has saved my blog once again by giving me 7 questions to answer. Do you want your blog saved too??? Then answer the questions on your blog and head over to Joyce's and link up.
1. Would you rather be seen as a person who did their duty or forged their own path?
Wow a doozy right off the bat.
I am a person who does her job very well. I know my job. I know what is expected and I love it. I am a very strong willed person so I have no problem forging my own path too.
How's that for getting around that one?
2. This week's Wednesday Hodgepodge happens to fall on Groundhog's Day. In keeping with that theme, if you could have a do-over of any one day out of the last seven, which day would it be and why. If you haven't seen the movie Groundhog Day this question will make absolutely no sense but that's okay....you can answer anyway.
I think I would love to have my last Saturday to do over, not because I would want to change anything but I enjoyed it so much I want to do it again. I got to spend it with my kids and Rich and we had so much fun.
3. Hot cocoa...yay or nay on the marshmallows?
Hot cocoa in general is not my favorite drink. When I do drink it it can't be from an envelope with freeze dried marshmallows mixed with hot water...
It has to be with milk, real chocolate, REAL marshmallows and whipped cream.
4. Do you wear makeup every day? What are the top two must haves in your daily makeup routine?
This is one of the reasons I love my husband so much...I don't like to wear makeup. So most weekends I usually don't put it on. Rich tells me I am beautiful everyday...but it is the times that I am in sweats and no makeup and he looks at me and tells me how beautiful I am that just makes my heart swell. He really thinks I am a beautiful person regardless of whether I have makeup on or not. In fact he often tells me that I make the makeup look good...I know, he's a keeper.
Now don't get me wrong, I am a diva so I do enjoy dressing up to the nines and putting on makeup... sometimes.
5. Is it more important to you in a relationship to be loved or understood?
I feel that if you are truly loved by someone that they will work hard to understand you. So I really think being loved is the most important thing.
6. Parsley sage rosemary or thyme... your favorite?
Rosemary all the way. I love the smell and the taste. Really parsley has no business being in this trio, in my opinion, just a bitter pretty herb.
7. What do you do when you feel angry?
I am a very passionate person. I feel most of my emotions deeply. I have learned a lot about me and anger over the last couple of years. I used to just try not to be angry and dismiss it all, but that only leads to internalizing it and that never works. I now just feel the anger, think through it, and let it run its course. I also have a very VERY level headed husband who is very good at getting me down off those ledges and really knows how to make me feel better and help me.
Now having said all that it takes a lot to get me angry, and now that I just feel it I don't get angry as much...go figure.
In Summary: I am a duty understanding path forger who likes the real things in life like, chocolate and marshmallows. I am a diva who likes to lounge around in sweats with no makeup and just be loved. But most of all I am a person who feels emotions with her whole heart and is so lucky to have a man in my life who understands and appreciates that.