Wednesday, January 22, 2014
Head on over to Joyce's and link up your answers!!
1. It was decided on Sunday the Denver Broncos will meet the Seattle Seahawks in this year's Superbowl. So when was the last time you bowled? Not where you thought this question was going is it? Do you like to bowl? Are you any good?
I remember growing up and going with my dad to his weekly bowling league. It was a lot of fun to hang out there...probably a very midwestern thing. Bowling is something that I could take or leave. Not ever going to own my own shoes or ball or anything like that.
2. Should sports stars be role models?
OK...yes in theory they should be role models. Most of them are determined, dedicated, healthy, tenacious, people and those are qualities that I would love to instill in my students and kids. However, the ones who seem to get all of the attention are overpaid, spoiled, entitled, crybabies that I wouldn't want my students and kids to touch with a ten foot pole (or ten mile pole for that matter).
3. January is National Oatmeal month...are you a fan? How do you like your oats?
Just blogged about my Crockpot oatmeal recipe I got from Skinny Mom. Put the stuff in on Saturday night and eat it Sunday morning. I, unfortunately, like my oatmeal on the sweet side which means a lot of added sugar. I do like oatmeal but it needs to be "just right".
4. What is one book on your reading list for 2014?
I have been obsessed with Bill Bryson. He is from Iowa and more specifically Des Moines, where I grew up. He is so super funny and has a neat take on history. I am currently reading his The Life and Times of the Thunderbolt Kid and look forward to some of his other ones. He actually lived in London for a good chunk of time from what I understand...maybe Joyce should take a peek too. However, I am sure her reading list is very long.
5. What would you like your future self to say to your present self?
Thank goodness you figured it all out before it was too late.
6. When scrolling through the TV guide, what is one movie title that makes you want to stop, grab the popcorn, and watch for a while?
Anything with Chevy Chase...no seriously.
7. What are two style trends you hope never come back into fashion?
All the things that I hoped wouldn't come back into fashion...high waisted shorts and jeans, bell bottoms, big hair, skinny jeans, etc...already have. Not sure what is left. Maybe leg warmers.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Growing up in Iowa in the 80's has made me appreciate bowling, Chevy Chase, Bill Bryson, super sweet things and the fact that I should never wear big hair, skinny jeans or leg warmers again. Thank goodness I figured that all out before it was too late.
- A Ro