Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Happy New Year Hodgepodge

Oh my gosh, Oh my gosh, Oh my gosh...A Ro is back at the Hodgepodge!!!  

I know wonders never cease.  

So to celebrate the occasion read my answers and then head on over to Joyce's  and read hers then answer them yourself and link up.

Simple.

Here goes nothing:

1. Every January 1st since 1976 Lake Superior University has published a list of words they'd like to see banished from the Queen's English.  Words may be banished due to misuse, overuse or just general uselessness (go here to read more about how the words were chosen).  Here are the words/phrases they'd like to see banished in 2014-

selfie, twerk/twerking, hashtag, Twittersphere, Mr. Mom, T-bone, ____on steroids, the suffixes-ageddon, and -pocalypse added to anything and everything, from the world of politics the words-intellectually/morally bankrupt and Obamacare, and from the world of sports the words-adversity and fan base

Which of these words/phrases would you most like to see banished from everyday speech and why? Is there a word not on the list you'd like to add?

I am afraid I do hop on the word-of-the-month bandwagon.   I do get off that wagon pretty quick though and was really getting tired of toats mygoats until James Earl Jones renewed my usage of that word, but only with my teenagers and only at very appropriate times!!

2. What one unfinished project nags at you begging to be completed in this new year?

SCRAPBOOKING.

Yeah that pretty much sums it up.

3. When did you last have a bowl of soup? What kind? Homemade or from a can? What's your favorite soup?
I am on a Trader Joes Organic Split Pea Soup kick
I know that Split Pea Soup gets a bad rap thanks to The Exorcists, but let me tell you it is very tasty.  Throw in a few multi grain pita chips and you have a great lunch.

4. Snowed in, snowed under, snow job...which one most applies to your life in recent days, figuratively speaking.

snow job and that is all I can say

5. What's the funniest movie you've ever seen, or at least one of the funniest?

Uh...duh Christmas Vacation...

and if you agree with me make sure you get yourself something **click** real nice.

6.  In general, would you say you're clumsy?

Oh yes.  I always tell my students that they never have to worry about being the person that trips on stage because I have that job all tied up.

Just call me Grace.

7. Elvis Presley was born on Hodgepodge Day (January 8th) back in 1935.  Are you an Elvis fan?  What's your favorite Elvis tune? If that's too hard, which Elvis tune do you dislike the least?  Click here for a list of his songs.

My sister-in-law will never forgive me as she had dogs named Elvis and Vegas, but I have never been a fan...sorry Michelle.  I would have to say Jailhouse Rock would be my favorite Elvis song though.

8. Insert your own random thought here.

Lets see if I can still sum it all up.

I am a stumbling scrapbooking slowpoke, who scorns snow jobs but is stuck on split pea soup...so toats mygoats

More Later

- A Ro

6 comments:

  1. LOL - we can be Grace together :)

    I have really missed your summaries!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you're back in the Hodgepodge! I'm a fan of split pea soup and make it sometimes if I have a leftover ham bone. Really good! I've been the recipient of a snow job in recent months too, via a volunteer position I let myself get talked in to. Ugh. Got my eyes wide open now though : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those commercials are kinda cute with James Earl Jones. I'm going to have to pick up that soup, my husband likes split pea. I buy their black bean soup. Christmas Vacation is a funny movie. I wasn't a fan of Elvis but he did have some good songs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Split pea soup? Sumptuous. Someone's summaries? Sensational!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've reminded me that I have a whole box of pictures that I have to scan and send to my mother. Organizing never ends, does it. Good luck to us!

    ReplyDelete