Oh my gosh, Oh my gosh, Oh my gosh...A Ro is back at the Hodgepodge!!!
I know wonders never cease.
So to celebrate the occasion read my answers and then head on over to Joyce's and read hers then answer them yourself and link up.
Here goes nothing:
1. Every January 1st since 1976 Lake Superior University has published a list of words they'd like to see banished from the Queen's English. Words may be banished due to misuse, overuse or just general uselessness (go here to read more about how the words were chosen). Here are the words/phrases they'd like to see banished in 2014-
selfie, twerk/twerking, hashtag, Twittersphere, Mr. Mom, T-bone, ____on steroids, the suffixes-ageddon, and -pocalypse added to anything and everything, from the world of politics the words-intellectually/morally bankrupt and Obamacare, and from the world of sports the words-adversity and fan base
Which of these words/phrases would you most like to see banished from everyday speech and why? Is there a word not on the list you'd like to add?
I am afraid I do hop on the word-of-the-month bandwagon. I do get off that wagon pretty quick though and was really getting tired of toats mygoats until James Earl Jones renewed my usage of that word, but only with my teenagers and only at very appropriate times!!
2. What one unfinished project nags at you begging to be completed in this new year?
Yeah that pretty much sums it up.
3. When did you last have a bowl of soup? What kind? Homemade or from a can? What's your favorite soup?
I am on a Trader Joes Organic Split Pea Soup kick
4. Snowed in, snowed under, snow job...which one most applies to your life in recent days, figuratively speaking.
snow job and that is all I can say
5. What's the funniest movie you've ever seen, or at least one of the funniest?
Uh...duh Christmas Vacation...
and if you agree with me make sure you get yourself something **click** real nice.
6. In general, would you say you're clumsy?
Oh yes. I always tell my students that they never have to worry about being the person that trips on stage because I have that job all tied up.
Just call me Grace.
7. Elvis Presley was born on Hodgepodge Day (January 8th) back in 1935. Are you an Elvis fan? What's your favorite Elvis tune? If that's too hard, which Elvis tune do you dislike the least? Click here for a list of his songs.
My sister-in-law will never forgive me as she had dogs named Elvis and Vegas, but I have never been a fan...sorry Michelle. I would have to say Jailhouse Rock would be my favorite Elvis song though.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Lets see if I can still sum it all up.
I am a stumbling scrapbooking slowpoke, who scorns snow jobs but is stuck on split pea soup...so toats mygoats
- A Ro