I am linking up with Joyce today for the weekly hodgepodge. Click on the button above and join in on the fun. You'll do the happy dance for sure!!
1. It's been said that one small positive thought in the morning can change your whole day. Do you think that's true? Do you find that an easy exercise most mornings? What's something positive you told yourself today? If you missed that boat, what's something positive you could tell yourself tomorrow?
I TOTALLY agree!! I have even stopped using that blasted alarm and am waking up to a new favorite song. Pharrell's Happy. It is from Despicable Me 2. You really can't go wrong with hearing this song first thing in the morning. I'll try to attach video:
I do like to exercise in the morning...gets the blood moving!!
2. There will be karaoke at the next party you attend...are you in? Or will you be faking a sore throat?
Totally in...uh, have we met??
3. January 29th is National Puzzle Day...what's something you've found puzzling recently?
Math in general and why people can't just be nice? I mean seriously situations arise and you can either make it a party or a tragedy either way the situation is going to happen. Do you get where I am coming from?
4. Jigsaw, crossword, acrostic, logic, sudoku, word search...what's your favorite kind of puzzle, and when did you last work one?
I LOVE the LA Times Sunday Crossword Puzzle. Try to do it every Sunday, cancelled the paper so it is harder than usual to get it.
5. Recently a writer by the name of Amy Glass ruffled feathers with a post she wrote saying she looks down on young women with husbands and kids and she's not sorry. Among other things, she says women will be equal with men when we stop saying house work and real work are equally important. You can read the whole piece by clicking here.
What say you? Do you think men and women are equal in the 21st century? Why or why not?
I say to each her own. We are not equal I can nurse an infant and they can pee standing up. Just because we are not equal in all areas doesn't mean we both aren't important. I am a working woman who brings home a significant chunk of our household income, but I am telling you I also know how to keep a house running too, and I KNOW my family would be significantly worse off if I didn't have both of those skills. I also have a husband who appreciates me and pulls his own weight in both of those areas too. There are many MANY people who get paid a lot of money and don't do "real work" and then there are teachers :) (and mothers)
6. What's a product you've noticed in the grocery store that you'd like to try, but haven't yet?
hmmmmm the Chocolate covered Peanut Butter filled pretzels from Trader Joes. I believe the reason I haven't tried them yet is very obvious!!
The Cheshire Cat...a clear headed cat he must have a lot of good advice.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
As long as I have Chocolate and Peanut Butter, an important role in my household, karaoke, the Sunday Times Crossword Puzzle, nice people and Pharrell waking me up in the morning all is good. I am sure the Cheshire Cat would agree!!
- A Ro