It is once again the day of the Hodgepodge. I am gonna answer and link up over at Joyce's so I think you should too!!
Here it goes:
1. Are you a force to be reckoned with? In what way?
Gosh, I have learned over the years not to back down from conflict and sometimes am too much of the little dog behind the fence. I hate injustice especially when it is in my own back yard. I love fiercely and if you try to hurt the ones I love I'll jump the fence and go for the jugular.
So yes maybe??
2. What are two things you love about the wintertime? Or, if love feels like too strong a word, what are two things you 'like' about winter?
I love the snow (as she says sitting in 82 degree weather in sunny CA). OK I love the snow when I am in Iowa for two weeks. I think that I would love the snow even if I was there permanently. Not sure though. I love scarves and sweaters...oh and we can't forget boots!!
3. Pomegranate, kumquat, persimmon, kiwi, and guava are all fruits said to have health benefits, particularly during the winter months. Do you have a favorite on the list? Are there any on the list you haven't tried?
I like kiwi and pomegranate. I am a big fruit fan but haven't tried the others. Maybe I am big ordinary fruit fan
4. I passed a local church yesterday and noticed they had this on their outdoor sign- 'When all else fails, do the right thing.' Your thoughts?
I LOVE this quote. I sure wish others would live this kind of life. However, sometimes there are consequences bigger than us for doing the right thing and I sure respect people who don't feel that they CAN do the right thing. BUT if everyone did it and stood together things would be very different.
5. Do you ski? According to one list I've seen, the top 5 ski destinations for 2014 are-St. Anton Austria, Whistler Canada, Cortina Italy, Tahoe USA, and Zermatt Switzerland. Of the five listed, which would you most like to visit? We can make skiing optional if that helps the non-skiers with their answer.
never skied, and really don't have any desire to try. But if I HAD to go to a ski destination I would have to pick Italy, 'cause...it's Italy.
6. What's the last thing you looked for online? (Besides my blog!)
I have been getting really into Pinterest. Lately I've been looking for healthy recipes and TABATA workouts. Yep...it's the new year!!
7. What saying, slogan, quote, or motto have you seen lately that inspires you for the new year?
I am a big fan of quotes. They are all over my classroom. One that is on my wall near my desk right now is: "Only a fool trips on what is behind him" - Unknown. I also am a big fan of "No one can make you feel inferior without your permission" - Eleanor Roosevelt. I spout that one often to my students.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Knowing I am not really a force to be reckoned with on the ski slope I am going to do the right thing and eat kiwi, while searching Pinterest in Italy by the fire place, because only a fool trips on what is behind him unless I am skiing and then I would trip on everything in front of me, but I am sure I would look good in my scarf and boots falling down that hill of lovely snow.