Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Random Dozen and Then Some

Today was the day that just wouldn't end. It just wouldn't no matter how much I begged, and believe me I begged. Four classes in a row to start off, lunch duty, meeting with a parent, coaching, faculty meeting...it was merciless.

This Random Dozen was a fun one to answer...I hope you enjoy my randomness!!



1. Tell me the absolute best way to watch a movie.

In a theater with Junior Mints and a large Diet Coke...too bad I can no longer have the Junior Mints or the Diet Coke...but that is the best way!!!

2. Do you ever think about your own funeral? If so, do you have specific ideas about how you would like it to be?

I can't say that I think about my funeral too much...thank goodness...but I am pretty sure that I want a closed casket. I want people to remember me living not dead. I think maybe cremated might be the way to go. I want lots of music, and I hope lots of people and they need to share funny stories about me...Lord knows there are plenty of those stories around.

3. Are you more of a giver or a taker?

Geez I would really like to think that I am a giver. Let's see I like buying things for other people rather than me. But I really like to be the center of attention. Let's just say that I am a generous Diva...ha ha

4. Vacations: planned activities and schedules, or play it by ear?

Oh for the love of all humanity schedules, schedules, schedules...I will probably ruin every vacation I ever take with my family. However our only vacations have been trips to see my family and then I don't have to plan anything...my mom takes care of that!!

5. What is one often overlooked item in your home that needs to be cleaned regularly?

Please tell me I am not the only one who had disgusting ceiling fans. They perplex me on how to keep them clean...now that my Dirt Devil is in heaven (or hell depending on how you look at it) Any ideas???

6. Name a cause that means a lot to you.

VH1's save the music.

7. Do you eat a regular old peanut butter jelly sandwich, or do you customize it? And by the way, jelly or no jelly?

My peanut butter and jelly sandwich cannot have enough peanut butter or jelly

8. If we were having a conversation in person, how would I know if you were nervous?

I would play with my necklace. I always get red blotches around my neck when I am nervous because I play with my necklace.

9. Do you have an elaborate bedtime routine, or just the basics of toothbrushing and jammies?

I floss and brush and I cannot get into my jammies soon enough!!

10. Have you ever regretted something you wrote on your blog?

nope not yet...but it's early don't worry

11. Has anyone ever told you that you look like a famous person or celebrity? Did you agree?

I had a peer once tell me that I looked like Maria Callas the famous opera singer and since at the time I was studying to be an opera singer I totally agreed and felt that it was so.

12. If you were going to dedicate a song to a loved one or friend, what would the song be and to whom would it be dedicated

This is going to be a very unknown fact and a very random song as I don't really listen too much to this artist...but I would dedicate Memories of Us by Keith Urban to GS. Not even sure if he knows how much this song makes me think of him...but it does.


I curse today but am hopeful for tomorrow.


More Later

- A Ro

6 comments:

  1. Let me know if you figure out the ceiling fan trick... I cannot reach the one in my family room, even with one of those extension poles and I have pretty much decided that hauling a ladder in there to stand on top of with a pole is far too much trouble!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow -- I guess I'm glad I don't have ceiling fans now. In the middle of summer I wish I did, but right now with everyone unhappy about cleaning them...Hmmm...

    A generous DIVA is an interesting picture in my mind!

    I have to say that if you're a teacher, you are a GIVER!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "a generous diva" cracked me right up! And now I am craving junior mints!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks y'all for dropping by. I hope you come back =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Junior Mints! I think ceiling fans is going to be the favorite answer.

    Enjoyed your responses. Sorry it took me so long to get around this week.

    have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey - another music teacher! I got excited when I read about Save the Music. :)

    You DO remind me of Maria Callas. In fact, I think it's time to listen to her.

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete