Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Take Me to Reds or Lose Me Forever

Tuesday night means many things around here. It means:


  1. Andrew has cello lessons.


  2. Isabella has art lessons.


  3. Both kids spend the night at their dads.


  4. The Reds' special is half BBQ chicken and Tri Tip.


  5. The Trader Joe's fish that was on the menu for dinner tonight still sits in my freezer.


Now I know that number five is a little confusing...but here is the deal. GS and I always eat alone on Tuesday nights. So I always buy the Trader Joes frozen ahi tuna steaks. First because we like it and second my kids don't...makes sense. However, number four above is also true so most of the time we give in to temptation and go to our favorite BBQ restaurant for the Tuesday night special.



When we went to bed last night we already had the discussion that since we had so many leftovers in the fridge that we would eat leftovers and forgo Reds tomorrow night. We made the decision. We weren't going to give in. We were going to be frugal. We were going to do the responsible thing.



All that changed...I woke up at 4:30...put on my running shoes...and I ran...I ran 3.75 miles and then...



...I fell...yes I fell again...this time I didn't hit my head...this time I was only .25 miles away from home...this time no one saw me...and this time I didn't take pictures...



...your welcome.



So I called GS and was going to have him come get me, but the animal in me a.k.a the crazy person who can't seem to give up...decided that I was just going to finish my run...so bloody knee and hand I ran...with the theme from Chariots of Fire running through my head I ran home.



Needless to say after cleaning myself up I was running late. I hate to run late...did you hear that I hate to run late. If you need reminded of that fact please refer to the little linky thing you just read. (Yes I read that section of my Google Blogger for Dummies...) so I was running late.


I got to school all bruised up and achy and basically just had a funky day.


I needed Reds...


Now come on people...I don't smoke...I don't drink...I can't have caffeine...this is all I got to take the edge off. So I call GS and tell him to take me to Reds or lose me forever...and he said "Nah I really think we should go with our original plan and have leftovers"


Yeah and then monkeys flew out of my ascot.


...of course he didn't say that...you should know better than that. he said "I was hoping you would say that" and then he did a happy dance...in the control tower...with all his co-workers watching...


So we went to Reds and life is good, my soul is healed...although my knee is still banged up and my hand is a mess, but all is right in the world.


Except Kanye West is still a jackass...


More Later


- A Ro


Just curious did anyone get the movie I refer to in the title of this post??

No comments:

Post a Comment