Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Bad Day Gone Good

I don't want to seem like a complainer...and I really do make lemonade out of lemons most of the time, but sometimes things build up and even the best lemonade, after awhile, just doesn't taste so good.


I have been sailing in kinda rough waters lately...nothing life changing just annoying stuff. Anyway, last night was sort of the straw that broke the camel's back. I went to bed sort of early, but then Andrew couldn't find his cup...and I'm not talking coffee cup...so I woke up to try to brainstorm where it could be...and it wasn't in the cupboard...now mind you I didn't GET up, but was awake none-the-less. So I was off my sleep schedule already (and you know what being off my schedule does to me). Then our dog Maggie, my precious pup, decided that she would channel a newborn and wake me up every 3 hours scratching at the door. So I hauled my tired butt out of bed to walk her down and put her outside...to which she sat on the patio and stared at me...go figure. The silly thing is that I did it again a few hours later...but I tried to yell at her and get her to lay down...no avail.



So I was tired and grouchy and didn't get up for my run...which made me even more tired and grouchy, and I had to deal with some really annoying situations, and was at work from 7:00 am to 5:45 p.m. so...recap...I was tired and grouchy.



But GS, once again comes to the rescue, he suggested that we go to our favorite BBQ place for dinner...OK twist my arm. And when we got there these were sitting on the table:



Daisies...my favorite, always have been my favorite...just something about the simplicity of daisies.



...he remembered that little tidbit of information...what a guy.


Things I Noticed Today:
1. When my students listen to me and have an open mind they really can accomplish some pretty amazing things.

2. When my students don't listen to me and give up they can really have a tough time of things.

3. The hard part about being a teacher is more of the second and less of the first.

4. People do actually read my blog...that is really cool...cause I like to write.

5. My day sucks when I don't run...really sucks.

Things I am Thankful For:
1. GS and beautiful daisies.

2. My friend Mandy...she is such a great distraction, and a good listener.

3. The Sharks, the Jets, Anita, Maria, Tony...they really kicked butt on "Tonight"

4. Did I mention GS and beautiful daisies?

5. Phone calls...


More Later

-A Ro

No comments:

Post a Comment