Saturday, February 28, 2009

Movie Night...alone.

So tonight no kids, GS at work, so I decided to go see a movie...by myself. There are two types of people in the world...those who don't like to go to movies by themselves, and those who LOVE to go to movies by themselves. I am one of those people who don't like to go to movies by themselves or for that matter, eat at a restaurant by myself...am I wierd? If I do eat by myself I have to bring something to do...so I am not just sitting there staring into space...eating. I have wierd thing about watching people eat and people watching me eat. Eating is just a weird kind of primal thing...i don't know...

...I know I should call my therapist.


Anyway I went to see a movie by myself...and no it didn't have Chevy Chase in it or even the word "vacation" in the title, but it WAS an Amy movie...Confessions of a Shopaholic.

I just LOVED that book...now I know it wasn't War and Peace or anything but a very entertaining chick book...as a matter of fact I loved the whole series. But this movie couldn't have been any more different than the book...with the exception of the character names (and even a few were added), the shopping problem of our heroine (and her problem was way more serious in the movie), and the...oh wait that was it...

this movie should have been titled...

"Confessions of a Shopaholic: Loosely based on the book Confessions of a Shopaholic...and people I mean loosly based...so don't get your hopes up"

I enjoyed the movie anyway...eating my popcorn...by myself...feeling very primal...
Things I Noticed:
1. When your school has a faculty party never agree to lip sync for prizes...
2. When your school has a faculty party and you randomly pick the song "I Kissed a Girl" fein the stomach flu and run for the bathroom.
3. When your school has a faculty party and do decide to go ahead and play along and agree to lip sync "I Kissed a Girl" make sure you don't do it completely sober...never mind that I don't drink.
4. When your school has a faculty party and it is your turn to lip sync "I Kissed a Girl" try not to look at your headmaster, principal, or your dean of academic affairs.
5. It is funny how people change with the addition of an open bar...and I don't necessarily mean funny ha-ha.
6. My dog doesn't do walks very calmly...
7. My dog doesn't mind wearing a bicycle helmet...picture to come later.
8. I am not looking forward to adding a half of a mile to my run tomorrow...5 miles YIKES...
9. I think it is important to constantly turn over new leaves.
10. I am not ready to take my trip...
Things I am Grateful For:
1. A fabulous job.
2. GS who also thinks it is important to constantly turn over new leaves.
3. My daughter who calls me up to tell me that she misses me...aawww.
4. My son who calls me...sometimes.
5. My mom who calls me...just because.
More Later
-A Ro

No comments:

Post a Comment