Sunday, February 15, 2009

Siblings

I must say before I enter into this post my kids get along great!!! Even though they are almost exactly 5 years apart, they truly love being around each other. They play together and do most things together. So as a mom I am very lucky. As a girl with two younger brothers about 2 years apart I was the object of many teasings by my brothers, but we would have fought to the death for each other. Like most siblings my two couldn't be more different, my daughter the 8 year old is strong willed, somewhat fearless, but very sweet, and my son the 13 year old is a very typical teenager. Lately, however, they have been getting on each others nerves...well mostly my son is getting on my daughter's nerves. He teases her and she just gets her feelings hurt and sometimes when he is in the typical teenage mood she sometimes bugs him too. But the one thing I love about my daughter is she just never gives up on him. He likes to scare her, you know startle her...but today my Bella got her revenge. He was in the bathroom and she waited patiently by the door and when he came out she jumped out. His face was priceless...she really got him good. Finally she got her revenge, knowing full well he would give her heck for it...that's my girl.

Today was my son's orchestra concert. He plays in the top orchestra in the youth orchestra system at the college in town. He is a very good cellist. I am so proud of him.





He is the blond boy
There's my good girl...sitting so quietly for the entire concert...even though she would have rather been at home.

Things I Noticed Today:
1. We went to eat at the mall food court and I love to people watch. As I was watching people I noticed that moms can buy 2 combo meals feed 3 people making sure nothing goes to waste and you don't spend one cent more than you have to. Having done this before, I know exactly what to order so that each kid gets what they want and I spend the least amount of money...for example If we get the combo meal from the sandwich shop which includes a sandwich chips and a drink...and we get the combo meal from the Mongolian bbq which includes the noodle dish and a side of white rice and a drink...and a water bottle. So I eat the sandwich from the sub shop and drink from the bbq place because the bbq place has a caffeine/sugar free option. My daughter eats the chips from the sub shop and the white rice from the bbq place with the extra water bottle because the water bottle from the bbq place is the cheapest. Finally my son eats the noodle dish from the bbq place. See how that all works...just one more skill that moms have.

2. I could run 4.5 miles today...didn't think I could do it, but I did YEA!!!

3. I love the idea that I don't have to go to work tomorrow.

4. I hate the idea that since I don't have to go to work tomorrow I get to clean my house.

5. Hot showers after 4.5 miles feels real good.

Things I am Grateful For:
1. A patient little girl.

2. A talented son.

3. Old friends who pop up...thanks to facebook.

4. GS for grocery shopping with me, pushing the cart, unloading the groceries, and just being great.

5. Getting up when my alarm went off.


More later

- A Ro

No comments:

Post a Comment