Sunday, October 4, 2009

Not Fit Fare Friday, But Something Butter...I Mean Better

I am in a bit of a hurry this morning. I should have blogged last night, but the laundry, and the lunches, and the baseball game, and the soccer game, and the running here and the running there, and the movie with my good friend Mandy, and the breakfast with GS, and the grocery shopping, and the lunch making...just filled every last second of my weekend. Plus the alarm was set to go off at 4:00 am and I boy did I NEED to get up and exercise. So I didn't blog last night so I am squeezing it in this morning before I start my mid quarter progress reports.

Like excuses?? Here is another one...

I can't find my Fit Fare Friday pictures of my failed Asian Beef Rolls...that didn't roll. I looked and looked, and I know what you are thinking how could I have REALLY looked amongst all those other things I was doing this weekend...but I did.

What I did find was these pictures that made me happy.

I go to Iowa every summer for about two weeks. My family thinks that my kids and I take this trip to come see them...and as long as it gets us a place to stay and some face time with my niece and nephews they can just go on thinking that. But the truth of the matter is I go home to go to the Iowa State Fair.

Now the Iowa State Fair people think we visit the fair to see the animals, ride the rides, and up our cholesterol levels by eating fried fat on a stick, but that is just not the case. I go to the Iowa State Fair to see this...
The Butter Cow...yes my internet friends...that is an entire cow made out of butter. Cool huh...but wait there is more...the folks that do the butter cow also do another butter sculpture that is timely. This summer since it was the 40 year anniversary of the moon walk (even though my son is convinced that the moon walk never happened...but that is another Oprah) they did a man on the moon.

and an actual TV set in a butter console. It had the moon walk video playing.

The butter cow people wanted to do a Michael Jackson themed tribute, but the Jackson clan would have nothing to do with it they thought it was an insult to be sculpted in butter...they obviously didn't know what a privilege and quite frankly an honor it would be to be the object of the butter cow exhibit. Oh well their loss...

However, your loss is not having the failed Asian Beef Rolls recipe, but I promise that I'll try to have a Fit Fare Friday recipe up for Friday, but it won't be Asian Beef Rolls...sorry...

maybe I'll attempt a butter sequined glove...

nah...

More Later

-A Ro

1 comment:

  1. The butter sculptures are amazing! I would definitely want to check them out if I were at the fair - although the idea of ALL THAT BUTTER is kind of nauseating...

    ReplyDelete