And now on to "A Second Cup of Coffee's" random dozen...
1. On an average, how often do you splurge and buy something for yourself?
I love to buy other people gifts. I love to spend money on other people. Having said that I will splurge on bargains for myself. Does that make sense? I don't really like to spend a lot of money on anything. I guess that really doesn't answer the question, now does it.
2. Are you more like Hall or Oates? Just kidding. Real question: What is the last creative project you began/finished? Feel free to post a pic of it.
I am more like Oates...the genius in the background...ha ha...hmmm...I did this picture wall for my entryway. When my sister got married there were a lot of great pictures of the people I love the most who I don't get to see very often. I decoupaged some wooden frames and surrounded the larger family picture. I just love this...however, if you haven't noticed already, I have not finished it...go figure.
3. OK, Goldie Locks, do you consider your house too big, too little or just right?
My house is just right. I am not a picky person with regards to houses. I can make any space big or small a home...awwww
4. What is your favorite outdoor chore?
I am not a big yard worker kinda gal, but I love raking leaves. Yes I know I live in California. Yes I know that we don't get a typical "fall"...maybe that is why I like it so much...ha ha
5. If you knew that cigarette smoking was not bad for your health but would be a weight loss tool, would you use it? Why or why not?
Doesn't matter how much weight it would make me lose they would still stink and cost an arm and a leg...so no I guess I'll just have to stick to diet and exercise...wow did i just say that?!?!?
6. On a road trip, would you rather drive or ride?
I would MUCH rather ride...always...I hate driving.
7. What do you consider a trivial pursuit?
I think in general...trying, by any means, to look younger. Now I know that I am at the ripe old age of 40 and just MAYBE I might change my mind, but all those pills, and lotions, and lifts, and tucks, and serums, and injections see like a trivial pursuit. (By the way, I had to look up the definition of trivial pursuit and all I could find was the board game, so I really hope I answered the question correctly...)
8. This weekend, we downloaded the movie "Duplicity" with Julia Roberts and Clive Owen. Within 5 minutes, I was bored and annoyed, but I kept watching 5-10 minutes at a time hoping it would get better between small chores. I finally gave up and Jorge watched it alone, and then regretted wasting that time because he disliked it intensely, too. So ... how long do you watch a movie or read a book before giving up on it?
It takes a lot for me to give up on anything...I am my father's daughter...and you can read all about how that ruined my weekend awhile back here. Violence of any kind will usually send me out of the room or the theater, but other than that I usually will waste my hours and wish for them back.
9. Is there a song that you really love but are embarrassed to admit because it's not cool or it's racy or because it's by Hall and Oates?
I really don't like Miley Cyrus, but every time I hear "The Climb" I start to cry...gets me every time. It is now that I wish I knew how to embed a youtube video. I want to be cool like everyone else...maybe someday...a girl has got to have dreams.
10. On a scale of 1-10 (10 = extremely) how spontaneous are you?
Can you be flexible and not spontaneous?? I feel like I love to plan and have a plan, yet I am a very flexible person. Being a single mother and a teacher sorta throws you into flexibility whether you like it or not. So I am going to say a 5. How's that for riding the fence??
11. Are you a food and/or beverage snob?
nope...I'll eat anything...did I mention I need to lose 15 pounds???
12. Who/What are you trying to control in your life?
Did I mention that I need to lose 15 pounds???
Thanks for stopping by and reading my random thoughts...