Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Random Dozen


Well here it is another edition of 2nd Cup's Random Dozen. Gotta love it!!!


1. I've always wondered why we were taught both printing and cursive. Do you prefer to print or write cursive? (Keyboard is not a choice.)

I am probably like most and do a combination of both. In fact if you ever look at a handwriting book like my daughter had in 3rd grade the cursive looks SO foreign. Especially look on how you are supposed to make a capital Z...very odd. But to answer the question I like to do cursive.

2. Are you a dreamer or a realist?

Here is another one of those pesky Linda questions...I'd like to say that I am a dreamer, but I am a realist...almost to a fault. By the way, I have a lot of dreams, just not a lot of confidence that many of them will come true. However, a lot crazy kismet things have happened in my life for me not to think that dreams really do come true...I mean come on I am dating my high school sweetheart...and we reconnected 1500 miles from our home state by total accident. Maybe I need to re-think this one...

3. Billy Joel or Elton John?

Billy Joel and if you have ever seen the Broadway show Movin' Out you'll know what I mean. But they did go on tour together a while back...did I go??? Of course not...I never do anything fun.

4. What is the scariest movie you've ever seen? Not limited to horror flicks but also includes ones where the tension or suspense is killer, for example, Flightplan (2005): A bereaved woman and her daughter are flying home from Berlin to America. At 30,000 feet the child vanishes and nobody admits she was ever on that plane.

I am the kind of girl who hates any kind of scary movie, in fact my family teases me and tells me the if Chevy Chase isn't in the movie I won't watch it...BUT I did watch Sixth Sense and it scared the beejeezus out of me.

5. Now what is the scariest real-life moment you've had?

When my doctor told me that I had non Hodgkin's lymphoma...but one bone marrow scan, and major surgery later we found out he was wrong...thank goodness...I am just cystic not cancerous.

6. What word do you misspell without fail?

This one is very sad...when I am typing I always spell CHORUS CHOURS. The sad part about it is I am a teach Middle and High School CHORUS. BUT when I am just writing VACUUM always fails me and all those pesky I before E except after C words. Hey...maybe I am just a bad speller...yeah that is it.

7. Name something you like to do but are not really talented or good at.

Boy I feel like I am in therapy on this Random Dozen. First I have to admit that I am not a dreamer and now I have to admit that I am not talented at something...Geez...don't you know I am a diva and these are hard things to admit.

Anyway I have to say that I am one of those people that if I am not good at something then I usually don't partake...However being a music teacher AND a singer I love to sit at the piano and play, but I am not really that good at it...but I really do love it, but only when really good pianists are not in the room.

8. Do you get your emotional/mental batteries recharged by being around people or by having alone time?

I love being around people that I know. I don't like being around people I don't know and therefore am forced to make small talk and be charming. I love just being able to be myself and hang out with friends. However, I also love putzing around my house by myself...

OK if nothing else this Random Dozen is making me realize how much of a Fence rider I am...

9. Have you ever been on TV?

Yes, I was in an opera with my college that the local PBS station picked up...and then there are those horrible security camera TVs that you can't help but stare at even though they make you look horribly unappealing, but I am pretty sure that is NOT what you mean.

10. Apple or pumpkin pie? (Don't be greedy.)

PUMPKIN PIE WITH LOTS OF WHIPPED CREAM...that was my excited typing voice, 'cause baby, it is pumpkin pie season. ***although I have been known to enjoy myself a piece of apple pie warmed with a scoop of vanilla ice cream***

11. How many magazine subscriptions do you have?

Four - Cooking Light, Family Fun (although my kids are quickly outgrowing the activities...and I mean quickly) All You, and my mom gets me Martha Stewarts' Living (which when I find the time peruse consists of me saying "ha...never have time for that" or "really Martha how you expect me to fold my napkins like that?!?!?" or " what the hell is flat leaf parsley" or "honey, I think we need a mudroom"

12. What lesson do you have to keep re-learning?

Besides the I before E except after C rule...or how to type CHORUS...I think the lesson that I have to keep re-learning is...I feel good when I eat healthy and exercise...I mean I feel REALLY good. Duh...


In summary: I need to learn how to spell, learn how to dream big, trim down my magazine subscriptions, and make a pumpkin pie...


...thanks Linda!!


More Later

- A Ro


6 comments:

  1. Loved your answers...I agree...some of these do feel like I should be laying on a couch to answer : )

    So glad your scary story turned out the way it did!

    Have a great day...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have fun answers -- totally real! I'm in so agreement about the small talk stuff and SO with you on pumpkin pie. I love that the weather has gotten cold here so I can start putting it into everything. Unfortunately, I need to get off the computer in order to bake anything. Rats.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of pumpkin pie and whipped cream around here on the weekend seeing it was Canadian Thanksgiving. And I just made pumpkin loaves this morning. Yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your answers made me smile :-)

    You are the first person I've seen who preferred pumpkin pie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like pumpkin pie, but I have a recipe for pumpkin loaf with mini-chocolate chips that's out of this world...

    I agree that Linda is making us face our demons with these quizzes - stop it Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It has taken me a while, but I'm getting around to everyone. Great answers, although you make me feel a little guilty. And I think it's funny that you misspell "chorus." Cruel joke you play on yourself! Thanks for playing this week again.

    ReplyDelete