1. So I was thinking about how Jon Bon Jovi never seems to age much. His hair is smaller nowadays, but he still manages to look like a boy somehow. And then that made me think of the story of Dorian Gray. Question: If you physically lock in one age for yourself, which would you choose and why?
I would have to be very vain and lock in the way I looked before I had my kids. But truthfully I am proud of who I have become both physically and as a person. I don't think I would trade it all...however give me that body for a day without the pooch and the saggy twins and I might just change my mind.
2. What is the best dish that you cook or bake (your piece de resistance?)
My mother's brownie recipe. They are a hit with Rich, my kids, my students, and anyone else who tastes them. The only problem is I can't eat them...no chocolate, doctors orders. This just shows how selfless I am. My best dish is one that I cannot eat. I am such a giver, or crazy.
my vote lately is leaning towards the latter
3. When you feel blue, what is one strategy you use to help yourself back to normal?
Besides curling up in the fetal position with my pajamas on and a bag of Cheetos?? To really answer this question I am going to say something kind of cheesy...
get it Cheetos...cheesy...
ok maybe not
Back to cheesy...rehearsing my students ALWAYS gets me back to normal. Whenever I am having a bad day all I have to do is get up and start my rehearsals and I just transform out of the blues...
unless we are singing the blues
ok ok moving on
4. When was the last time you danced in public?
Does rocking out in my car to my new Glee CD that I got for Christmas (thanks honey) count?? Cause sometimes I forget that other people can see me. I take that saying "dance like no one is looking" very seriously.
5. Do you consider yourself a realist or dreamer?
I think I lean towards the realist side of thing, however some really amazing things have happened in my life to make me believe that dreams really do come true.
6. As a parent, what is one thing that you have done well?
Well, I am certainly not going to win any Mother of the Year awards, or anything...I mean my son doesn't eat any veggies and my daughter leaves the house daily without pulling a brush through her hair. However, my children know they are treasured and loved and that love is unconditional. I love them because they are my kids and not for anything they could ever do or not do...
OK look Linda, now you have made me tear up...geez...thanks a lot...
7. Which is your favorite character on the Andy Griffith show?
Gomer Pyle...goofy goofy guy with a set of pipes...man can he sing. Reminds me of someone else I know...hmmm
8. On a scale of 1-10, how much do you know about Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.?
I would say an 8.
9. Have you never been mellow? Have you never tried … to find a comfort from in side you? (Sorry, Jorge was singing that song just now, and it just seemed to be perfect timing as I was creating this week’s questions.) REAL question: What is your #1 driving pet peeve?
People who are just plain rude. I can handle people who make mistakes...cause I do my share, but people who are rude I cannot tolerate.
OK who am I kidding, I hate driving, drivers, and highways. I am the queen of road rage. Everyone makes me mad on the road.
I feel much better now...
10. Which color best represents your mood today? Care to elaborate?
It's is the fourth day of rain, I had to pay bills, and had to go back to work after a 4 day weekend...man I am just blue.
11. If your spouse were an animal, which would he/she be?
OK you realize this is a lose-lose question. There isn't an animal in the world that I could put down here that would make my spouse (to be) sit up and say "aw honey you must really love me"...
But I am going to go with a dog.
honey just hear me out
He is loyal, he is always very happy to see me at the end of the day, he loves a good back scratch, he loves to be by my side, he loves me unconditionally and he pees on the carpet...just kidding about the last one
See what I mean Linda...no good.
12. What activity takes up the bulk of your time on an average day?
Besides work, making my household run is the bulk of my day. The cleaning, straightening, bill paying, swiping, swishing, and just making sure I don't drown in stuff keeps me very busy.
In summary: I am now seriously thinking a tummy tuck and boob job might be in order, and I need to tell Dr. Gordan to hush up and eat me a brownie or two. Obviously get a chauffeur, and maybe a maid, or at least get my very loved and adored kids off the couch and put a broom in their hands, but most of all I need to do the un-rain dance and put on some yellow or something.
- A Ro