Sunday, February 21, 2010

The Apple Doesn't Fall Far

As I sit down on a Sunday night to write my blog post I have many thoughts running through this cluttered brain.
I could tell you all about Bella wearing her bunny ears around tonight, and needing to make four colored squids out of Sculpty clay because she decided that the pieces in a classroom board game were falling apart and they needed new ones.

OK, sounds reasonable.

But what I was really looking forward to showing you was a picture of my son's new haircut. He has always had his hair buzzed, as he has always liked it really short. However, the trend these days especially in California is to have longer hair. So he decided he would like to try to grow his hair out. Well Bella didn't like it long, as you can tell by her Valentine's Day Card to me. I really didn't like it long, but I bit my tongue hoping that Andrew would come to that conclusion all on his own.

Thankfully, he did.

I really wanted to take a picture of his new haircut.

After much reasoning on my part which may or may not have included me reminding him how he got on this earth, who feeds him, and who makes sure he has clothes on his back and a roof over his head. He wouldn't let me.

For some reason he has this aversion to having his picture taken. How crazy is that?? I know this is coming from someone who gets hot flashes when she has to backtrack, has an obsessively neat Tupperware cupboard, and can't seem to drive anywhere without having a conversation with the cars around me.

I know this about me...I was hoping for better for my kids.

Bella isn't spared either.

When she first learned how to use our shower Rich told her that she needed to snap twice before turning on the water. She and he giggled and she frequently asked me before I showered if I snapped.

I thought she was kidding.

Apparently not.

As I sit here typing the post Bella is in the bathroom about to take her shower when I hear...snap snap and then water.

I think all of these things are called personality.

Right?

Right.


More Later
- A Ro

2 comments:

  1. We all have our quirks. : ) I think it's partly personality/partly a teenage boy thing. Most teenage girls I know are forever snapping pictures of themselves. Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. my brother also hates having his picture taken. i try to snap them ALL THE TIME. *sigh*

    also, i just had a nice talk with my best guy friend here and told him why he should NOT grow out his hair. :P

    ReplyDelete