- J and E come to visit me at lunch each Thursday...just because.
- M says to me that she thinks that a choir singing a pop song is just silly. We should do good chorus music because a choir singing a pop song would be like mixing golf with basketball...each are great...they just don't go together.
- J being the only boy in my middle school chorus, but choosing to stick it out because he wants to sing...even though his voice is changing and has a range of about 5 notes. Boy do I have my work cut out for me.
- C, S, and B doing their McDonald's rap in Spanish for me.
- J answering a very detailed question just when I was starting to think that he wasn't really paying attention.
- Having high expectations and never being disappointed.
- T (a boy) showing off that he can sing higher than all the girls...and getting an enormous amount of applause for doing so.
- Finish singing a song and have the entire chorus say "Wow...can we do that again"
- Working on a song that was written by middle schoolers in response to 911 and having a great big discussion on how that song of hope and dreams could fit so many people in our country and around the world right now.
- Anytime that I open my mouth to sing something I get thunderous applause.
- E an R wanting to sing the harmony part even though it is tough. They just dig in and do it.
- Having it be then end of class and they say "It is over...ALREADY???"
- Watching students who only are in choir because they had to be, start to really dig what we are doing.
- Knowing that I get to be a part of developing these all-to-soon to be adults.
It is a responsibility that I don't take lightly.