Sunday, February 28, 2010

Here We Go Again

On this blog you here lots and lots of stuff about my two kids. But there are two other kids that are also a big part of our lives here, Rich's two.

Rich has two wonderful kids. Justin is a junior in high school and is a whole lot of fun. He is smart and articulate and really makes all of us laugh. Bella especially loves him and talks about him all the time. Sarah is a sixth grader and just is a bundle of energy. She is fun, loves life, and is just a lovable sweetheart.

When they are with us we do a lot of laughing.

When they are with us we play UNO and baseball.

When they are with us Sarah and Bella run around and giggle, stay up all night talking, and make some wonderful creations.

When they are with us Sarah loves to help me cook.

When they are with us Justin and Andrew act like cool dudes and play video games.

When they are with us Sarah and Rich cuddle, have bedtime talks, and she just can't get enough of her daddy.

When they are with us Justin and Rich have deep conversations about airplanes, politics, and they are two peas in a pod.

When they are with us Sarah makes her dad cards and pictures telling him how much she loves him, that he is the best dad, and how "he rocks"

When they are with us I get to witness just how wonderful of a father Rich is, and I fall in love with him more each time.

When they are with us our world is complete and life is good.

Unfortunately, getting them to be with us is such a horrible, sad, ugly, ordeal. Without going into all the gory details no matter how happy they are when they are with us it takes a lot of money, time, tears, and a great deal of effort to make those times happen. Getting Rich's court ordered visitation time is no easy feat.

It breaks my heart each and every time we leave them, or they leave us. We know that all the happiness that we ALL feel when we are together slowly turns into hateful hurtful e-mails, and phone messages.

It breaks my heart to watch Rich go from amazing dad to heartbroken dad when he goes weeks without talking to either of his kids.

It breaks my heart to hear how Sarah doesn't like to be around me and how badly I treat her when we are together.

It breaks my heart to watch the man who is one of the most amazing dads I know, who loves his children more than anything, go through such trials just to see his kids, especially when he tries so hard to make it all work.


It breaks my heart to know that these kids are missing out on a relationship with a great dad.

He never gives up, he rarely complains, he goes about his life with this burden. I can't imagine what it must feel like to have such an amazing relationship with my kids when they are with me, but when they are not hear such ugly and hurtful things come out of their mouths. What hurts the most I think is when they say they don't want to see him.


So here it is time to try to see his kids for Spring Break and here we are in the midst of gut wrenching turmoil.



Tonight I am sad, for Justin, for Sarah, and for Rich.





More Later



- A Ro

4 comments:

  1. I'm with H-Mama...more hugs
    ((((Amy's family))))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry! Doesn't it really suck when the person you love is hurting & you can't really help them?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brokenness in relationships are so very difficult to mend.

    I will be praying for peace and restoration for all concerned.

    Blessings
    R

    ReplyDelete