Friday, February 19, 2010

Songbird Rising from the Ashes

I want to sing again...


...there I said it.


I was reading one of my colleagues blogs. He is an English and Creative Writer teacher. I think he reads my blog sometimes.


That scares me a little.


Anyway he is a very good teacher, I know this because my son had him. He is a very good writer.


I read his blog too.


See he can be both. He can pursue his writing career AND be a good teacher.


Why can't I??


I want to pursue my singing AND be a good teacher.


So today when my room was empty, I pulled out my aria book and sang away.


I still have some chops although they are a bit rusty.


So I have decided to take the following steps to move myself towards singing again.

  1. I will sing everyday. Singing with my students doesn't count.

  2. I will sing with good technique even when I am singing with my students. No laziness.

  3. I will use my voice in everyday talking in a healthy way. No more talking over students. No poor vocal health.
These things will be very hard. I am a HUGE creature of habit. I realize that those are just first steps to singing again, but with my busy schedule that is really all I can realistically handle.


Wish me luck and I'll keep you informed.


More Later


- A Ro

5 comments:

  1. I still say you need to post a little video for us.

    Sounds like you have a plan. I'm thinking not talking over students will be the most challenging : )

    Hope your dream comes true!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck! I'm really excited for you - it will be fun to follow this journey (yes, I know that when you get frustrated it's even more fun for us because you're so funny - but I'm not wishing for that!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Joyce's idea about a video.

    It is so important to do something that fuels your soul!

    ReplyDelete
  4. When you get your first starring role, I'm there.

    ReplyDelete